Omori Boost Gauge, In dash install.

Here's an update on this gauge.

My gauge suddenly stopped working.
I contacted j-spec Tuning. They said most likely the boost sensor went bad and agreed to send me a new one.

I installed the new sensor, and the gauge still did not work.

I had to buy a new boost gauge kit, this time a white backlit gauge with a red needle. The green backlit gauge has been discontinued.

I installed the new boost gauge kit, and it works. But now the white backlit gauge does not match the rest of the gauge cluster.

I have noticed the boost pressure, and readings on this gauge are consistently 3.5 ~ 4.0 PSI lower than actual conditions.

I contacted j-spec about this, and discovered the gauge has no ability to compensate for atmospheric conditions, and no way to calibrate it.

Which means, out of the box, the gauge is set for sea level, and is ONLY accurate at sea level.

I live at 4,500 ft above sea level. Which is why my readings are off.

The gauge is not as much use to me now because of this.

At this point, I'm not going to recommend this gauge to the community because of seeming quality/support issues, and inaccurate readings.

It was really a lot of work to do (and pay for) the job twice, then have inaccurate readings in the end.
Not to mention, now a mismatch in instrument back lighting.

It seemed like a great idea... bummer it didn't work out too well.

zaluss

Damn that really sucks. These days though I hardly pay attention to the Omori gauge and use my boost controller instead.