St185 Leather Seats swap PS to DS

GT4ZBoy

Has anyone tried to swap the PS leather to the DS? My theory is that the cushions are the same and can be swapped from the PS to DS tracks. My main concern is if the lumbar support will work or not. Has anyone tried this since I’d like the keep the OEM leather and the DS is impossible to find in good shape. Thanks in advance!

I believe the bottom seat side cutouts are not the same in the leather cover, due to controls being on opposite sides. However, you can make the cutouts in the cover and it will work fine.

For the seat back, the leather covers are the same between the DS & PS. If you are planning to use your original cushions, then no problem. I'm not sure if the cushions for a power lumbar unit (DS) are the same as the fixed lumbar PS. But if you are reusing your cushions, that is a non-issue. The leather covers are identical.

GT4ZBoy

Thanks for the reply. If anything, I’ll have to remove the back cushion and swap it with the DS that has the lumbar support. If this hack doesn’t work, u guess I’ll have to buy new aftermarket leather covers.

Depends upon how far you want to go. By me, there are a few upholstery shops that will get color-matched leather and will make covers to match original by using the old covers for the pattern. They can also repair damaged cushions. Not cheap, but the result is excellent. They can also perforate the leather just as the originals were in the center sections.