Quick Review: Planted seat bracket

For everything related to the inside of the car!!

Quick Review: Planted seat bracket

Postby abeans » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:33 pm

TL;DR = It's not bad. 8.5/10

Like many of you, i don't fit in this little car as well as i would like, headroom wise. So seat bracket was needed. (And my drivers seat has duct tape holding the leather currently)

Read a lot of reviews on these seat brackets having never heard of them before, seen a lot of mixed replies on fitment. - Especially with the low production of the Alltrac/gt-four i was extra skeptical on the fitment on this.

Good news, was surprised how nice it fits and quality, it looks like very similar to a Sparco brand seat bracket I've owned.

It bolts right in perfect in Front. - Rear, i think the bolt holds need a ever so slightly hogging out for 100% fitment. They are super close maybe 1mm combined with Right and Left.

Annoyingly, you will need to use a wrench to install the bracket bolts in the rear as well.

Hopefully, combined with a Sparco Evo 2 this will resolve all height concerns. It probably could be lower.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
1990 St185 Celica
abeans
Club Member

Re: Quick Review: Planted seat bracket

Postby abeans » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:55 am

Bad news, this thing sits way too tall. Even with my sparco at the lowest side rail its taller than oem seat. Which is a deal breaker for me.

It's either getting sent back or chopped up.
1990 St185 Celica
abeans
Club Member

Postby Alikazam » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:20 pm

Have you tried just sitting on the mount directly or with like a flat piece of wood to test how much clearance you have to roof? Might give you an idea if there is a seat that might work for you. How tall are you? I managed to make my gen 7 seats work for me, I'm 5' 11" though, so not super tall. Good luck!
1990 Celica Alltrac - Emma
Gen 3 engine
KO Racing Street Brawler - Precision 5130 Turbo
KO Racing In Factory ECU Case - Link G4x ECU
327 AWHP @ 18psi - pump gas
Alikazam
Club Member

1990 Toyota Celica

Postby abeans » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:56 pm

I'm 6'2

I fit with some lean on the oem seats. But, i would like to wear a helmet for some motorsport action and that's not going to work... Even with sunroof deleted.

It's on the back burner until i get the rest of the interior fixed.
1990 St185 Celica
abeans
Club Member

Return to Audio / Wiring / Interior