Radiator fan wires

fvkagi

Hi all,

At some point somebody cut the harness that goes towards the front of the radiator. I was wondering if anybody knows which one I would use in order to wire up an aftermarket electric fan. Thanks for all help!

Attachments

• 20210306_165617.jpg
    20210306_165617.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 2,747

fvkagi

abeans":1oma6xrs said:
I just did this recently Im pretty sure Blue/Red is 12v + Black White (-) is radiator fan

Awesome thank you! I'll mess around with it some more tomorrow

fvkagi

93celicaconv":rwjvsihs said:
And what is the electric fan going to be used for? It already has 2 fans on the radiator/AC condense units, right?

Yeah they usually do but my car did not come with any fans, so I am just wiring in some cheap generic ones for now so it does not overheat when not moving.

This is what I am getting from the wiring diagrams:

- Radiator Water Temperature Switch: White w/Black Stripe (-) & Blue w/Black Stripe (+)
- Radiator Fan Motor (Engine Side): White w/Black Stripe (-) & Black w/Red Stripe (+)
- A/C Condenser Fan Motor (Bumper Side): Black w/White Stripe (-) & Blue w/Red Stripe (+)

I would show you a wiring diagram view from CelicaTech.com, but it appears that site is down at the moment.

fvkagi

93celicaconv":2c77d6y5 said:
This is what I am getting from the wiring diagrams:

- Radiator Water Temperature Switch: White w/Black Stripe (-) & Blue w/Black Stripe (+)
- Radiator Fan Motor (Engine Side): White w/Black Stripe (-) & Black w/Red Stripe (+)
- A/C Condenser Fan Motor (Bumper Side): Black w/White Stripe (-) & Blue w/Red Stripe (+)

I would show you a wiring diagram view from CelicaTech.com, but it appears that site is down at the moment.

Do you think I should wire the fans into the radiator fan motor or the AC fan motor? The AC is way easier but would it kick on at different temperatures?

Alikazam

I run a single spal 11 high flow fan on the engine side (closer to transmission) and have no overheating issues. So if I was going to do only 1, it would be that one.