Racing seats and steering wheels

awdmofo

Finally gutted my beast and its time to get some racing seats and a new steering wheel minus the air bag :D . It's been a nightmare with this project, I haven't replaced a steering wheel on a 185 in like 14 years. Need some guidance as to what quick disconnect people have used and what they like about it. Also, wondering what racing seats you guys are using and if the seat brackets are universal or manufactured specific for the seats/vehicle. Gracias! :notworthy:

UXlVVZgl.jpg

awdmofo

Anyone? I'm looking at buying the steering wheel asap, and I need a drivers seat that is going to be light and safe.

Gert

Bought the quick release in 2015, don't know where anymore.
There is an dealer list on their site: https://www.worksbell.co.jp/en/overseas-distributors/

But, remember, the Works Bell is pretty expensive. Lots of cheaper alternatives to find.

The Momo came from an local shop who does sell real Momo's, no Chinese replica's. Started with an cheap replica, worked fine for about one year or so and then the fabric came loose. :)

awdmofo

That's good to know, i'd rather get a better quality steering wheel once and not have to find many over the years since I never plan to sell the car. Thanks for the link!

Monachopsis

Recaro SR3's came as an option, they're good but pricy. They may also need a BRIDE seat rail but if you plan to daily or drive it on the street those are a safe bet. Alongside that, the MOMO Ghibli is what came in the RC version.

awdmofo

Recaro SR3's came as an option, they're good but pricy. They may also need a BRIDE seat rail but if you plan to daily or drive it on the street those are a safe bet. Alongside that, the MOMO Ghibli is what came in the RC version.
Nice to know, I'm a Recaro fan but I know they can be pricy. I was thinking Sparco or Corbeau with sliding rails for both driver/passenger side. It will be street legal (to a point), but mainly a race car for autocross to start. Once I have the next engine in it and can afford some rally suspension, i'll rally it for a while.

Monachopsis

Nice to know, I'm a Recaro fan but I know they can be pricy. I was thinking Sparco or Corbeau with sliding rails for both driver/passenger side. It will be street legal (to a point), but mainly a race car for autocross to start. Once I have the next engine in it and can afford some rally suspension, i'll rally it for a while.
Both good options, I don't know the rail situation on those with the celica, yet again maybe the BRIDE rails? Either way good luck! Let me know if I can be of further help