So I was bored... (not 28.8k friendly)

Disco Dan

The pictures speak for themselves.

Things%20Fall%20Apart.jpg

I%20Go%20to%20Pieces.jpg

Mother%20Brain.jpg

Face%20the%20Music.jpg

Now someone tell me where the fuse is, because I can't get this thing to work.

D

Rick89GTS

I'm not an expert but the fuse is usually accessible from the rear panel without taking it all apart like that. If the fuse is ok, most likely it's a burnt diode or resistor. Look around carefully for any burnt or melted pieces. Good luck!

RIalltrac

I doubt the stock deck has a fuse attached directly to it, I would imagine the fuse for the deck is located down in the fuse box on the drivers kick panel. Only reason I say that is because I doubt Toyota (or any manufacturer at the time) was that advanced with its audio systems. That and it would mean you would have to pull the deck in order to replace a fuse, not something the average buyer would be willing to do. I could be way off though, but from looking at your pictures I sure as hell dont see a fuse :shrug:

alltracman78

Yeah, there's no fuse on the headunit.
And Dan, that isn't a 90 headunit. They were 2 piece.

It won't even turn on?
Does it say anything on the display?

Rick89GTS

Betcha one of those TV & Stereo shops could fix it for ya. The only problem is that the cost of the repair might not be worth it.

TomsGT4

If you're not getting power, might just be the harness connection.
Check the pins on the circuit board connection where it gets plugged/unplugged every time someone like you gets bored & takes out their stereo. :)
Touch a soldering iron to the pins at that spot if the solder looks cracked.
Check the plugs too.

Put it all back together, & make sure the ribbon to the cd player is in snug.
Betcha it'll work :D

Disco Dan

Sorry, it has a manufacture year of 1994 (printed on the sticker on top), and yeah it gets nothing, no power. I'm thinking it's the harness, because it doesn't even show the security lockdown display (either because it was locked by the previous owner or because it was removed and went into lockdown mode by default) by following the steps in the owner's manual to find out if it's been locked out or not. Anyway I'll know shortly either way. Thanks for the advice!

D