Door open/close sensors

BraveUlysses

Okay, well they really aren't sensors, but it appears the two switches on each of my doors that let the car know if the door is open or closed don't work.

The switches don't seem to notice that the door is closed or open, so I've armed my alarm with my windows down and assumed my car was locked, but my mom had no difficulty in walking up to my car, reaching in the window and unlocking the door and having a seat inside.

These switches malfunctioning also led to someone attempting to prowl my stereo, but the stupid sack of shit amateur just managed to break the stereo instead.

Has anyone had any issues with these breaking/failing/malfunctioning? Got any part numbers?

turbo4wd

BraveUlysses":14inzx5a said:
Has anyone had any issues with these breaking/failing/malfunctioning? Got any part numbers?

These go out all the time.. Just go to a junkyard.. they're like a buck each..

and the good thing is that theyre the same for all 5th gen celicas..

SuperWhite92

Actually, the door switches just get dirty. Unscrew them and pull them out as far as possible, go nuts with WD40 and a rag, and clean them very well. They should start working again.

dluke

SuperWhite92":352nwmnj said:
Actually, the door switches just get dirty. Unscrew them and pull them out as far as possible, go nuts with WD40 and a rag, and clean them very well. They should start working again.

I did this to mine when they stopped working shortly after I purchased the car, and they've been fine since (for about 12 months).