System....12?

KJDK

Hey, just thought I would share my sub setup with the group. I have 2 10-inch subs installed in a pressboard and fiberglass/resin box that is laid in the spare tire well. The entire package works pretty well and it doesnt sacerfice any rear trunk space. Only problems with it are the obvious lack of spare tire but i plan on purchasing some run flat tires in the near future.
celica0248ib.jpg

celica0233wc.jpg

GMan

Very Cool set up. Should thump with the best of them !

You coul still put a spare tire over the subs, but it would
vibrate and resonate ? :)

I just used a tube sub in the corner of my trunk.

Regards;

RIalltrac

very clean, I've always tried to hide audio stuff in my car, vandals and all. I hate having a window smashed or something even worst just because someone wants your amp.

KJDK

GMan":hwz0byhq said:
Very Cool set up. Should thump with the best of them !

You coul still put a spare tire over the subs, but it would
vibrate and resonate ? :)

I just used a tube sub in the corner of my trunk.

Regards;
that works. For now i just have a can of flat repair. not really sure if the stuff works though :shrug:

EVcelica

Wow thats very cool, never seen that before. Where is your amp located? Under the subs :shrug: ? Because now that I know where your stuff is hidden I can come over and steal it :evil:
Erik

KJDK

haha chicago is a bit far to come just to rip me off. oh did i mention i have a pretty slick clifford alarm sytem too :wink: The subs are powered by a 600 watt alpine amp under the drivers seat :smokes:

b00staholic

Did you custom cut that carpet (without the spare tire 'hump') or did you grab it from a Celica GT-S hatchback or something?

db

The amp in the center console won't get much air flow. I don't know about your amps but mine get hot. Hope it doesn't overheat in there or fry other electronics nearby like the ECU and airbag control unit.

TomsGT4

That amp has never cut out & it's not close to touching the ECU -don't have an airbag.
Anyway, that's my old setup.
That amp used to power my front door mid-bass subs but I upgraded them & now it powers my High-Mids (at the glovebox), so it doesn't get very hot.

On another note, I put 8" Cerwin Vegas in the rear quarter panels (home-made enclosures behind the panels), and I have a 12 in the hatch.
The 8's run down crisp to about 40Hz, and so does the 12, but then the 12 kicks in at that frequency (that's where I put the powerband for it) & it feels REALLY good. :)

The lowband acoustics in this car are amazing.