Went to the drags "1st time"

EVcelica

Went to the drags today, man it was fun whooping camaros and mustangs. I even beat an EVO that was running consistant 14.7s - 14.8s. I kept Having traction problems, every launch would spin all four tires. And I have a stock clutch and Nice Yokahama 215/45/zr17 tires!! Here is my best mph time slip:

R/T --- .165
60ft --- 1.860
330 --- 5.770
1/8 --- 8.893 at 80.19mph
1000 --- 11.579
1/4 --- 13.825
mph --- 100.62

13.8 at 101mph, rounding in my favor this time :p I was running about 14psi, but my turbo sounds wierd now :shrug:

Mods are:
ct-20b
FMIC
custom intake
3" full exhaust
profec-b boost controller

Hopefully next year I can drop this down a bit.

EVcelica

Forgot to mention that I have an enormously heavy stereo system that wieghs ~150 lbs and my girlfriend was in the car with me ~130 lbs. Wow she loved it more than I did I think. so it should be capable of a bit lower 13.6 maybe????

Zeus

get an aftermarket clutch in there and you will really see those times come down...

nice 60ft though

and evo's and sti's SHOULD be running low 13's.... most drivers arent capable of that it seems

88st165

wow i didnt realize you can get that fast with those mods, good job....

did you say you went to byron? its a pretty decent track, i was up there with CSC (chicagoland srt club) earlier this summer, its almost in the middle of nowhere. i couldnt get any reception on my cell phone... i plan to go up there with my trac in the summer, well either there or rt. 41.... but again great job on the time.

Sleeka_89

thats pretty good, i just can't beleive that you were allowed to race with your gf in the car :shock: . At my track u have to be by urself with long sleeve jumper and pants... how were you launching?

EVcelica

Launching technique? As soon as the first light on the tree would light up I would just look down at my tach and floor it and as soon as it got to 5500-6000 I would dump the clutch while still flooring it. All four tires would spin a little bit for the first ~25` and then grab and go. Didn't really hurt my clutch too bad either.

I have tinted windows and kept them rolled up so I don't know if they didn't see her or if they pretended not to see her. (The latter probobly) But we were both wearing helmets which might have made them realize that we were not some safety ignoring dumbasses.

MARLON1211

thats very good man. Especially for the mods you have. How much boost are you running. I wonder how will I do with my CT27.

toayoztan

EVcelica":3kg7590d said:
I have tinted windows and kept them rolled up so I don't know if they didn't see her or if they pretended not to see her. (The latter probobly) But we were both wearing helmets which might have made them realize that we were not some safety ignoring dumbasses.

This is true for most tracks. Passengers can ride as long as safety issues are addressed and followed.

And not to take it the wrong way, but get your system AND your girl out of there...that's heavy weight...really it is for drag. :D

Bryan