165 doing 13's and in the 100mph club! (at 2200ft)

ChrisD

Hey guys,

Today I drove north 3 hours to Edmonton for a Sport Compact Challenge event. There were a lot of very quick cars there...I'd say at least 80% of them were turbo'd...strangely there were a good 15 RHD cars there too...it was crazy. Lots of Silvia's, Skylines, an MK3 Supra GT twin turbo, an old Toyota Soarer...and more. Pretty cool. I guess it's easier to do just buy a silvia than do the SR20 swap...lol.

So anyways at the drag event I did very well I think. I was well into the top 24 car cutoff to move on to eliminations although I did not take part. You needed a 14.2 to make it.

My best time was a 13.627 @ 98.79mph. My best MPH of the day was 101.03 (13.979...messed the launch). My next fastest run was 13.656 @ 100.93. This is all at 2200ft above sea level too.

I'm pretty happy with that, considering I'm on the stock injectors still, and the factory ECU. Although I do have a J&S Safeguard, which I can't rave enough about. It truly rocks. I just got the gauge installed and now have it tuned pretty well. Setting it on individual cylinder retard mode absolutely rocks. It feels stronger with timing being adjusted on the fly automatically, on a per cylinder basis. What can I say. If you are modding the car, you need one!

Here are the numbers on the 3 most interesting slips. The left lane 60' timer wasn't working. Grr. And it was set so that a 0.000 was a perfect reaction time.

R/T: 0.419
60': -
330: 5.568
1/8: 8.671
MPH: 79.14
1000: 11.363
1/4: 13.627
MPH: 98.79

R/T: 0.511
60': 2.137
330: 5.975
1/8: 9.070
MPH: 79.49
1000: 11.739
1/4: 13.979
MPH: 101.03

R/T: 0.742
60': 1.901
330: 5.650
1/8: 8.743
MPH: 79.46
1000: 11.414
1/4: 13.656
MPH: 100.93

Too bad my best time wasn't also over 100mph, but what can ya do. For those who don't know, my mods are: jdm 185 engine/ecu, ct20b at 14psi, adjustable FPR, RC intercooler, ngk bkr7e plugs, walbro fuel pump, TTE mhg, 2.5" passion DP, 3" dp-back exhaust, Bailey BPV, Aquamist water injection using the .5mm jet, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel, intake, catch can, and the J&S ultra safeguard. I dyno'd 236awhp and 252 ft-lbs at 12psi, but I've done a few things since plus increased to 14psi.

Thanks for looking! I might get some pics/video of me racing...I'll see if i can find anything. :)

Griffin

Well done! Sucks about that 60 foot timer not working - to look at your sheets that was probably the best 60 of the day too.

Anyhow gratz - and way to go on representing for the Alltrac community!

Gary

Chris, here is for you
tulogo13.jpg

ChrisD

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with it. I should add that the fuel was 94 octane with a bottle of STP octane booster. They had race fuel available but I decided not to use it.

Ya I wish the 60' timer was working...there was potential for a 1.8xx on that run.

Fuel pressure I think is at 45psi or so...something like that, I forget (gauge is in kg/m^3. Having it increased has the bad side effect of running very rich on cold start up...

For an FCD I have a zener diode installed to clamp the PIM voltage signal.

GT4times2

Those are some good times, im truly impressed. Way to go man. For the set up you have, the car is running good. Show some vids if you have any. Pics would be cool too.

ChrisD

Thanks Frantz. :)

I'll see if I can get pics/vids. I have to wait for other people to upload them first.

Chris

mtbgael

ownage...I can't wait to get mine on the road :smokes:

At first I thought you had a lot of mods to be "only" running a 13.6...until I slapped myself and realized that that's a 2 second drop from stock, and damn fast! congrats

SeanGTS

WOW! Look at that launch, crazy chris! Congrats, you deserve it for all the hard work you put into that car!

pog0

Nice times Chris... I am pretty sure you could be even quicker if the boost was raised a little more. What sucks for me is that I dont think I will be any quicker anytime soon. No more VPC.

Glad to see your car in the 13s with not too much boost. I knew your car could easily do it.

ChrisD

Chao, does this mean your alltrac is going to be running sometime soon? :p

Thanks Brent! Hopefully I'll inch closer to the 12's this year. :)