against 3000 gt

Hotrodhendrix

etantshi":2eues8y5 said:
It would not be that hard to beat a stock vr4.

Lets be more specific.

We will go with the lower horsepower 1gen vr4 vs 5th gen alltrac..

3700 pounds vs 3200 pounds = celica lighter by 500 pounds
300 hp vs 200hp = vr4 100hp over alltrac
both awd
both nearly no turbo lag

A really good driver in the celica could win over a bad driver in the vr4...

RedCelicaTRD

Well, since ive raced a vr4 I guess I have to comment. I was racing my buddies 91(iirc) with a six speed swap that was running only about 8 psi of boost. I was in my 90 AT with a 3" downpipe, no cats running 20 psi on a 46 trim ct26. I was bearly able to pull away from him. We're talking crawling away. And both my friend and I are pretty capable of driving our own cars. The vr4 may be slower then the other Japanese supercars but they aren't a slouch by any means.

etantshi

Well when I raced a VR4 from a dig, I had him all the way to boost cut. I was SS (super stock) at the time with a gutted cat.

Hotrodhendrix

etantshi":1z3y54cf said:
Well when I raced a VR4 from a dig, I had him all the way to boost cut. I was SS (super stock) at the time with a gutted cat.

So many facters who knows. You may just be a much much better driver then him. Or knowing mitsu it probably spun a bearing or broke something... LOL These damn things are the touchiest little punks....

etantshi

Hotrodhendrix":1c1x20oq said:
etantshi":1c1x20oq said:

So many facters who knows. You may just be a much much better driver then him. Or knowing mitsu it probably spun a bearing or broke something... LOL These damn things are the touchiest little punks....

True, or the fact that he had two 15" subs in the back with a custom box. I'm sure that helped.