Street Kills

GripJackal

Ah yes, street-racin.

Ever since I started learning to drive, I've spent time up in the canyons in my neighborhood, a nice little 3 mile jaunt with lots of sweeper turns.
I had to leave town to head to College up north but I went back last week. Now armed with my 'Trac I decided to revisit the canyons I'd grown up with.

In addition to improving my overal average speed, I had the awesome opportunity to show up a few locals.

As my good friend/co-pilot were slowly coming down the hill (slow, there was a stop sign) I notice a late 90's-early 00's mustang in a parking area, starting to pull out. I coasted down the hill, and as I passed them, put the clutch in and revved it.

I think that in a 185, the hood is absolutley rice-tacular. I love it, it's great bait. So these kids in their mustang (convertible top down, four people in car) start to follow me. I Dropped it in second and shot off down the canyon at a relatively decent clip. making sure to stay in my lane as there's allways somebody else comin' up the other way. I allready started to pull away in the first corner, and then squealed my tires on the center paint-line. This made me seem far more badass than I was, but I put that mustang away, they gave up by the third turn. I figure that because they were almost 10 seconds behind me as I wated at the canyon's exit. (either they gave up, or the mustang is even shittier than I thought)

not really a true kill, per se.
but it was my first, and it felt good.

darthripley

maybe i am just getting old but when we were in Vadar (the alltrac) last week and a civic started revving at the us, i told joe not to even waste the gas. the kid was really deflated about it too, especially after i shook my head in disgust at his bouncy-ass riding, chopped springs, steelie, fart-can Pep Girls Special Edition shit-vic. :roll:

hacker_720

"bouncy-ass riding, chopped springs, steelie, fart-can Pep Girls Special Edition shit-vic" <-- umm you ok? lol, such a good rant about civics, I also dislike most civics, althogh some of them get quite fast, maybe a little slippery off the line, but some you have to give a little respect to, just a little.

But lets not start a thred about civic vs alltrac, we all know that pros and cons.

darthripley

don't get me wrong, i don't mind clean well-done civics and i have a modicom of respect for ones that actually put out decent power.

i was just describing what it looked like & the fact that i don't waste gas these days on street racing....didn't know that was a "rant" & didn't know i was "starting" something against civics here either ... :shrug:

SuperWhite92

darthripley":j9lrlqeo said:
don't get me wrong, i don't mind clean well-done civics and i have a modicom of respect for ones that actually put out decent power.

i was just describing what it looked like & the fact that i don't waste gas these days on street racing....didn't know that was a "rant" & didn't know i was "starting" something against civics here either ... :shrug:

You're fine. Everything is lighthearted.

bloodMoney

you know i feel the same way now that i've gotten ellie. *sees a riced out civic* 8) "I pity you for thinking that your car is the $hite... I can rest assured knowing that my non-running, rusty pile-of-metal-that-I-call-Ellie can :shoots: ..." I think we all know where I'm goin with this. Anyway, I just like knowing that people are small minded like that... It gives those with greater insight the upper hand.

-bloodMoney

thebish5thgen

I got a great kill.......

I'm drivin along the fairfax county parkway.....pullin up on this black....mazda???? no matter what kind.....these guys got the windows down the music thumpin lookin like they think they are teh coolest......

we both end up at the same stop light on the last straight stretch of road before the mall....great place to drag....rarely any cops....

he revs his engine and the guy in passenger seat looks at me and laughs....so at green we punch it.....immediatly I'm a car length in front....shift from 1st to nuetral trying to get all the way to 2nd to punch it and leave him in my dust.......and my synchros catch up at 6k rpms and I CAN'T SHIFT!!!!! I'm stuck in nuetrall till my rpms hit about 3 or 4 k :( he pulls off still thinkin he beat me based on HIS car :(

on a good note.....rolling in 3rd gear after I caught up I F*CKED his little world up.....they stopped laughing......I began :-D so hopefully when my mechanic gets me my car back the tranny will be fixed and I can post some real kills finally lol. till then....only kills against due to my inability to shift at high rpms :( damn aftermarket clutch lol.