On Sunday i went to a local strip and here are the results:

Date 10/31/04 15:42pm - ~10 deg. C,

60 ft - 1.736
330 - broken sensor
1/8mi - broken sensor
1/4mi ET - 12.906
1/4mi MPH - 106.18 :D

Mods...
I have a complete '98 JAP ST205 stock motor/turbo/IC/540cc's/ecu/tranny/rear diff,
no mods to fuel except for Walbro Supra replacement pump (94 octane fuel),
profec b set @ ~19-20psi,
full 3" Aussie exhaust and a custom 3"intake,
HKS FCD,
Joe's home made Water injection running 1/3 Methyl hydrate,
Tein SS suspenision, crappy tires on stock rims and a dieing stock clutch

Here is a vid:
http://www.gtfour.ca/race/les_12sec.WMV
Thanks to Chris for hosting it and to Gabe for filming!

Griffin

Ahhh! Same thing that happened to me on my last clutch. The new RPS Turbo Max is breaking in well though - seems to be able to hold a TON of power, we'll have to see how it does on launches though.

CMS-GT4

Great times, for so little done to that engine. I am trying to guesstimate the hp and how that could be applied to a 2nd gen 3s. Engine management, fuel, better IC, WI ect.... Any weight reduction done? Also what size tires are you running. Currious if your aspect ratio is close to stock.

LechacZ

Stock ST205 clutch - probably original as the motor only has 55,000 km on it and i never replaced it when i did the swap.

I did dyno the car in Troy MI on a Mustand 4wd dyno, got 243hp and 243lbs of torque.

As far as weight reduction i doubt i gained much by removing the AC as i added a few things like a skid plate that is usefull while rally crossing... I did remove the spare tire and tools from the back...

Tires are 205/55 R15 ... dunlop s5000

furpo

that makes me very happy too. i will be running the same sort of power soon and i have a bit less stuff. i thought i would be pushing low 13's.

well done on your time. are you running the gen3 box as well?

roger

ChrisD

Les you already know you rock. Awesome dude. :smokes:

Didn't you run more boost than you did on the dyno day though? Also keep in mind guys he has launch control...hence the wicked 60' and destroyed clutch!! :D

I also want to mention that this becomes the fastest GT4 in the world that is still running a stock GT4 ECU. This includes 165/185/205's. I'll get the time updated soon at http://www.gtfour.ca/race.html .

Chris

ChrisD

MrWOT":34hj7yu0 said:
I couldn't help but notice the fastest American ST165 on the list is only in the 14's :?

True. Perry B. and Omar are probably the fastest but they don't give me time slips. :(

I just received an email from an ST165 owner in Sweden. Fastest ST165 now is 12.23 seconds... :D

LechacZ

Hey Chris,
I was running same exact setup as on the dyno!
The guy who owned the dyno said that everybody complains that his numbers come up lower than every where else, he did say that with the numbers car pulled on his dyno i should be able to get it into high 12s...

enzytebob

Excellent result! :shock: Well done! :)

Probably makes sense for me to just toss out my gen2 and shoehorn a gen3 into my engine bay!

Toby J

can you tell me more about the launch control device? i've heard of that feature existing on certain aftermarket ecu's, but you say the original GT4 ecu is still in use? any ifo you can provide would be great.