roll cage setups?

ummmiono

who here is running a full cage? currently planning rally prep. those autopower prefab cages are pretty cheap and easy but they dont look as comprehensive as id like. any other prefab cages out there? obviously following fia specs is both necessary and smart. ten point cage is also highly desired. this for my st165 btw.

fhalperformance

Is the autopower cage a bolt in or a weld in cage? Im not familiar with them but when I was looking for a cage the only ones available where for show more then anything else. Most likely what you want will be a custom job.

ummmiono

they have like 4 or 6 point bolt in cages that will provide some protection but are still pretty streetable as long as you use padding so as not to smack your head against the bar.

GT4RC

oh oh! look look!
http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v25418504
600x321-1187837149136387_cusco.gif

600x444-1187837149138232_cuscotensu.gif

Celi-GT4

I had a cage built by Chassis Enginnerring here in FLA. I paid 1200 for a six point and swing outs. It was made from Chromoly. They welded to the frame. I could have added 2 more points to the main hoop but they said there was nothing of substance in the center of the car, and it would only be for show. To build the halo was another 500 but it seemed a bit over kill for this application. IT is definetly making a tight car, tighter for a 6'4" person. The handling difference is pretty awsome though. The car stays super flat on corners. This would be great for a road race car.

ummmiono

it helps to completely stiffen the chassis. especially with the grueling punishment of rally. remember that the suspension can never be perfect unless you have as stiff a chassis as possible. plus it helps with force distribution in case of a roll. for street or autocross a 6 point is fine but on the dirt i wouldnt take any chances, i mean look how crazy the trophy truck cages are granted they are also the frame.