Hmmm, should I really even be posting this?

tjdouble07

Well, one of my good friends has been wanting a full, "give it what it's got" ride in the Celica. Merging on the freeway today, I did just that. I do not condone this kind of activity, think it is dangerous, and will probably never do this again. But at 30 psi, I was kinda curious what she could do myself... My friend just happened to have a camera with him at the time. Started around 4000 RPM in second gear, and floored it for about 15 seconds. When I saw the speedo pass 160 mph, I was done. The car still had tons left...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuhkO7NHIr8

(if there are any law enforcement reading this, the following video was created completely using CGI)

syko says

wow!! the things you can do with CGI! thats insane. i wish i could have the computer skills... er um power to do that. race gas? pump gas? if i may ask.

*EDIT*
:notworthy:

SuperRunner

Very nice, I don't know if I could get myself to do that.

How what was your starting speed, and how long to top out?

BTW, I if I had my rail I would be driving my car.....hehe, JK.

You should have logged that run, also good to have a GPS.

theUNYTEDone

ho0o0olyyyyy moses!

:) when i watched that i was thinking to myself "MY CARS GOING TO BE LIKE THAT ONE DAY! MY CARS GOING TO BE LIKE THAT ONE DAY!"

RedCelicaTRD

tjdouble07":1lzx4w3p said:
(if there are any law enforcement reading this, the following video was created completely using CGI)

Also, Alltrac.net does not promote this kind of activity in real life, so thats why our users make CGI test programs.

:wink:

lumbercis

I might have chosen a more open freeway with less cars on it, but otherwise.. :D

You should post it up in the "how fast have you gone in your alltrac" thread. I think the record was 170mph.

J.

tjdouble07

I appreciate all of the complements guys. :) The car has tons of top end, and I'd like to actually top it out on a closed track/abandoned airport runway or something similar one day. Actually I thought about taking it out to the Bonneville Salt Flats for one of their high speed runs (it's only two hours away), but I'm pretty sure I would need a cage. Although if the track makes me get a cage to run sub 11.5 runs on the 1/4 next season (I have a few friends affiliated with the track who might be able to get me a few freebee runs without requiring a cage) then I just might look into going out there to do a salt flat run anyway...

Simba

If you just want to do it once, sign up for the silver state classic. They'll toss you into the 130 mph tech speed class your first time out, but you can always give it the beans, record your own speed, and get tossed from the event.

I know *cough* a few people who have done that. :wink:

Denver_whiteST185

nice trevor

ive gotten mine up to 140-145 pretty much stock though with a boost controller on I-25. your car is scary fast though. i bet with the right gearing, you could 200+ with it. maybe its time to find a RC gearbox and a GPS unit to track your speed :p