run with a galant vr4

gpmarzan

So I was out driving around and suddenly saw an old school vr4 galant was behind me. I decided to take my car on the freeway and he followed. I kept the rev around 3k while on the onramp looking behind to see when he floors it when on the freeway. He was pretty close behind me once we got on the freeway, I dont know if he was waiting for me to pull or what but when I did I kinda took off pulling away pretty reasonably till I hit around 100 and let off. I waited for him to get about 2-3 car length behind me going about 80 or so and dropped to 4th. He was creeping in and saw that he wouldve pulled pass me if he hadnt slowed down next to me to 'safely' :roll: ask me if my car was an alltrac or not. We pulled over in the nearest gas station and talked a bit.

He said he is boosting at 18psi and said he has a big '16g?' turbo installed, while I was boosting 14psi with sudden misfires :shoots: .
His car was burning oil or something as I saw smoke coming out of his engine. He said that his dipsticks pops out when he gets on it which is where the smoke is from. When he popped the hood, the engine bay was pretty dirty and an oil leak was coming from what seems like the valve cover gasket. He said that I might be also burning oil from the smoke that he saw coming out of my tailpipe. When I asked if it was white or black he just kinda pause and I said that my car runs pig rich at WOT and he just kinda said 'ohh, ok.'We never really talked about the lil run that we had but he did mention about the run I did was great, so maybe I really did pull on him in the beginning? He wasnt cocky or anything. He was a cool dude. :smokes:

Toxygene

That was some good comedy for free.

I always love reading the aftermath of those threads.. but I hate when we get those kind of idiots on our forum. Like the guy that wanted to swap out the turbo on the 3sgte for a supercharger.

I've looked on a VR4 forum before and honestly a lot of the cars seemed to have some really poorly made mods. I mean I understand a few people are good at home brew type upgrades and I swear the alltrac attracts the higher end engineering type of guys but compared to the home brew stuff most of the guys on here make they looked like they were making stuff out of dumpster diving adventures.

I still like the cars though and I would love to see a very nicely modified VR4. I haven't yet but I hope to one day...

88st165

i met some guys that had really clean white galant vr4s... i would even venture to say that they are even more sleeper than 165s... they were cool and they even knew what alltracs were... i guess nothing brings people together like all wheel drive and turbos haha...

Toxygene

smog7":cq5pqsxn said:
http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Board=UBB10&Number=238729&page=0&fpart=1

You've made my dreams come true... now what do I do with the rest of my life.... :shrug:

That is one nice VR4.

1badgvr4

Glad I found this thread.Funny one of you guys said us Vr4 guys do half assed mods to our cars because I have seen some of the same things here.To the op his car prob wasn't running right because my big 16g at 15 psi had beaten a bpu m3, a bpu 7m supra.a 04 mustang gt, and a couple other cars.It takes much less money to make my car fast compared to an all trac.Thats why you see most of the cars look half assed.Im trying to find an all trac now because there cool and I like awd cars.Good race tho, and long live the Galant vr4 and the Celica all trac!!! P.S. how do I post up pics.I want to post one of my car.Its not too pretty but gets the job done.

Toxygene

1badgvr4":1tjilozv said:
Glad I found this thread.Funny one of you guys said us Vr4 guys do half assed mods to our cars because I have seen some of the same things here.To the op his car prob wasn't running right because my big 16g at 15 psi had beaten a bpu m3, a bpu 7m supra.a 04 mustang gt, and a couple other cars.It takes much less money to make my car fast compared to an all trac.Thats why you see most of the cars look half assed.Im trying to find an all trac now because there cool and I like awd cars.Good race tho, and long live the Galant vr4 and the Celica all trac!!! P.S. how do I post up pics.I want to post one of my car.Its not too pretty but gets the job done.

Sorry, I didn't mean it as an insult so much as I wanted to see some really nice VR4's when I was looking. I was actually looking to buy one as I really like odd funky cool cars. Truth be told that every forum is going to have it's "oh no you didn't" selection of oddly modified cars. The wierdest one on here was the guy who used some kind of special airplane fueling hose as his turbo hoses. Oh and if you really want to see an Alltrac/GT-Four travesty.. look up some guy named Meurz.... LOL

J/K Meurz! :twisted: :lol: