ran the 1/4 mile at cayuga.. what do you think?

TozeN

Well I ran the 1/4 mile for the first time....And i did worst then I thought, and would love some advice... However, i was running my half-trac. 10 psi. 205/55/15 treadwear 400 tires, Full interior, spare tire and all. Engine is mint condition jdm.. fully stock otherwise.. Anyways I ran a 15.2 sec, 1/4 mile with a R/T of .700 (horable, i know), 60 foot in 2.394 but still if I launched exactally right it would be a 14.5 sec... Good?? bad?? What do you guys think? How should I be shifting? approx what rpm? other then tires, and less weight.. any strategies?

TozeN

ok here this is off the slip,
r/t .668
60 2.394
330 6.332
1/8 9.879
mph 66.88
1000 12.907
1/4 15.327
mph 89.40

vip09

That's pretty slow for a swapped car. You should at least be running high 14's at 90+ mph. For comparison, my stock times for my 2001 gt-s (180bhp) are in my sig.

TozeN

I dont disagree with you at all... I did 4 runs. and never once really had any time to think about what I was doing. and didn't really know how the lights on the tree were going to work.... what should I shift at? approx?. maybe I was holding the gears out to long.. Ill give it another shot... maybe take some weight off and some better tires... still I was thinking it was going to be better.. Then again what do I know ive never dont i before.

lumbercis

Don't beat yourself up too much about going slow your first time at the strip. It's normal.

Ignore the tree/RT. As a beginner you will have enough on your plate just getting your launch down.

If you are spinning the front wheels off the line, then some dedicated drag rims/tires will certainly help. You may not need it until you have more power, unless you are spinning them now.

I'm no track guru, so I will let those with more experience chime in:

What do the experts think about him running 10psi on street tires? Good or bad idea?

What would you recommend his launch rpm/ shift points should be?

J.