Entering my very first race on Saturday

underscore

Sadly, not in the RC but in my girlfriends 1997 Prelude. It's a simple on-road TSD rally, running for a single day and ~360km. All the advice I've read thus far is to not worry about my time and more about staying on course so that's what I plan to do. We should be running a few GoPro's just in case something exciting happens.

Wish me luck!

underscore

Thanks! Nope it's the base model. It was an automatic, but that died (they all do in the 5g Prelude) and so I got it swapped to 5 speed with a medly of parts. Which was fortunate for us, because the SH has to have an SH trans because the block is different (stupid Honda).

Have fun and best of luck. Remember that this is not a race. Learn to listen to your navigator and pace yourself. Its the most valuable skill. Your car is unimportant. This is a mental exercise. It is tough.

underscore

Well it was more of a gimmick rally so time wasn't used but we met some awesome people and had a blast and actually came in first place! There was a large element of luck to the end scoring (kept it casual) but hey, a win is a win! And this many be the only time I'll ever beat a Maserati, an F430 and multiple Porsches (including GT3 cup cars) haha. I'm pretty sure we had the least expensive and one of the oldest non-classic car as well.

We learned a lot about reading the course directions and recovering from getting lost as well, I definitely can't wait for next year!