Whats Perfect Size/Offset for a 92 ST184 GTS?

TEAMFaint

Finally getting rid of my old wheels and now am in the market to get new ones so when the engine swap is complete I can roll out as a completely new celica known to my city.

I have done a lot of reading on other peoples set ups but it seems that most of your are for autox'ing where mine will just be for daily driving and maybe the drag (not too often though).

I am wanting to go with a solid set of 17's or perhaps even 18's if the price is right. I am contemplating getting the 5Zigen FN01R-C rims, they seem very popular with the MR2 crowd so I figure I might as well give them a try.

Since the car is a widerbody (GTS) I want these rims to be flush with the whole car. I also have an Invader bodykit (yes I know its overused/fugly, i dont care, got it for dirty cheap so dont hate) so the side stick out a bit more than on a stock body.

Now here's the question: Going with 17's what would be the perfect offset/width of rim to get, as well as what tire size should I be going with? 225/40/17?

Going with 18's what would be the perfect offset/width of rim to get, as well as what tire size should I be going with? 225/35/18? 225/40/18?

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. And if you are not sure what the 5Zigen FN01R-C rims look like, here's a link:
http://www.5zigenusa.com/w_fn01rc.html I will be painting my car either a deep dark red or a nice deep blue, so I figure either bronze or hyperblack will do the trick. Thanks in advance :)

CMS-GT4

Unless you find a wheel with a super low offset, use a spacer all around, or strech the hell out of those tires your not going to find a wheel that will fill our deep fenders that is right for that size tire.

If you want flush, maybe you can get a 17x7 40et and a 1" spacer in the front and maybe a 2" spacer in the rear.

From what has been tested in our wheel threads 17x9 30 et fits almost flush with the fenders.

TEAMFaint

Yah I know some H&R spacers will definately be needed.

Oh yes and my car is lowered 1.75" so this will obviously take effect with how big of a tire I can run. Think I would still be okay goin with 225/40/17?

Meurz

And iirc 225/40/17 is a very rare size.. 215 or 235/40/17 and 225/45/17 are more common. It will fit though, no probs.

EVcelica

Is it the same for the 165?
PS I have 17x7 with +42 offset. 215/40/17tires. 15mm spacers in front, and 35mm spacers in rear. I think it looks great, and rear might be able to go out a bit more but it looks much better than the stock (where's the rear tire?) look.