st185 body kit research and concepts (AT club homework)

Indy3sgte

If you look on the site, Savage has a distributor in BC Canada, that could make it easier.

Where on the site do you see that? Does it have any contact info for them? I mean I know a decent amount of german but I couldnt find it on there so I'm guessin im not lookin in the right places :doh:

ok so im thinking about trying to make the rear diffuser. i have an extra gt-s rear bumper so i can use that. my only thing is the bumper seems a little small and idk how the rear diffuser would look with that. my goal is to just make a mold and have someone else make a carbon fiber copy. my dad will probably nd up doing most of the work though because he has been a professional body man for around 17 years and his damn good at what he does. my main question is what would i use to make a mold? the main thing im worried about are the deminsions because they are gonna need to be like the same slope, length apart, etc. also idk how im gonna work around the exhaust. there is also the fact of how to mount it to the bumper or find some what to mold it into the bumper. so this may become a project but im not 100% yet if i will do it. i just think the PS looks damn sexy. oh and if i do end up doing it, depending on how much it costs i may try to make some more and sell them or i may just let you guys know whats going on or do something with the mold.

Toxygene

I would start with the Gas tank cover as a base for the mold. First off it would be a great replacement for the plain black plastic already covering it. Second, it already works around the exhaust and you wouldn't have to worry about it. Third, It's a good solidly mounted piece.

You can easily simply fill in the gap between the tank cover and the bottom of the bumper making it a smother flow out the back. Then you can add vertical extentions to add a slight venturi effect to it.

Tazka

Damn im so excited to see what my design will look like irl. 8)

It'd be great if you could do some kind of DIY "How to make diffuser rearbumper".

I just realized in your PS that the bumper and rear quarter panels were extended down a little so idk how itll work but ill look into it a little more.

CMS-GT4

You will either have to extend the bumper or extend diffuser.

You might want to look at cars with simular areodynamics and see what theirs look like.

Tazka

Sorry to say this but, it wont work without the bumper/quarterpanel extensions from the sides. You will just have to make some sort of rear skirts next to the diffuser and mold them to bumper/quarterpanel.

yeah, thats what i figured. the quarter panels wouldnt be to bad since you can just weld some metal but the bumper being plastic, that would be a hassel

CMS-GT4

Here is another kitted alltrac to look at.

I am curious how this bumper would look if the lights were cut out and turned into ducts.

222km1.jpg

lumbercis

That picture makes that kit look worse than it is because of the terrible wheel choice. Here's a few other examples:

0321.jpg

0341.jpg

Tazka

uff...that kit is just as gay as most of the kits are for these cars, not really following the car bodylines. CSE bumper is the nicest bumper i think.

lumbercis

Here's another example

eceli9.jpg

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this kit. There is nothing about it that "doesn't follow the lines" whatever that means. :shrug: The original pic looked terrible because of overall poor execution, i.e. bad wheel/tire execution, unaligned body panels etc. I agree however, that something needs to be done about the reflectors. They might look better if they were smaller and actually foglights. Or it may look better just having those areas as vents. Those would be really good ports for either a CAI or for brake ducting for road racing.

J.

AWDios

If that's the 233 style from Erebuni, I believe it's discontinued.

I have one in my basement uninstalled and unpainted if anyone is interested in buying it to play with, I have not intention of using it anymore.