1988 celica all trac Rear tail light design

YAK ALL TRAC

Hello i just picked up a 88 celica all trac that has a smashed right rear tail light. Are the tail lights for the celica all trac exclusive? would a tail light from a celica of the same year be the same? any info would be most appreciated thx

Rick89GTS

For the North American ST165, the 88-89 Celica hatchback (not coupe) tails are the same as the ST/GT/GTS.
The 86-87 tails will fit but don't match; they're style differently.

sbart83

yes the 88-89 hatchback had 'em, you can tell because the reverse light squares in the taillights are all the way toward the center on the back of the car

YAK ALL TRAC

so i was at the boneyard, and i walked up on a celica with the right tail light desighn. I went to pull them out, unbolted 4 bolts, but i cant get them out? i dont understand whats up? i started to yank on them, but dont want to be to rough and wind up breaking them. has anyone removed/replaced st165 tail light housings before?

RedCelicaTRD

If I remember right there is a silicone like adhesive/sealer on the backs. give it a firm pull/push and it should come out.

YAK ALL TRAC

so i got the lights pulled, scored both tails and middle section of the spoiler i needed for 70$ pulling the lights was a bitch! i used a box cutter to remove the gummy tar, it was still pretty tough to get em out without breaking them. cant wait to get them put on, the previous owner backed into a trailer breaking both tails and the spoiler. should i just use a silicone sealer to install them?