Ehhh COPOUTOMATICO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragon

what a cop out... carbon fiber is the future, fiberglass is the past and so is sheet metal uni-body construction. CF is lighter stronger and outperforms in practicaly every way our metal body construction... I dont see any reason it wouldnt hold up to stock glass weight if constructed properly. I too have seen cracked CF hoods etc, but I can tell you its mostly neglect or accidental, for the most part CF holds up better over time then anything else we have to work with so why step down?? I would be more likely to trust a peice of carbon fiber over plastics with extrememly complex carbon chains that tend to want to break down over time producing a brittle weak POS... Youve all experienced this with old plastic parts ony our car (even ones designed to withstand extreme engine bay temperatures) I think this is the main reason the (Carbon "Fad") has made it all the way to the chassi production of the C06 and virtually decimated the market for replacing and aftermarket body peices. I WANT A CF HATCH HOOD DOORS SUNROOF THING ANYTHING I can replace for weight savings. Remove all the electric guts of the roof and place the CF roof in with maybe a manual handle type opening instead since most ppls hatches are non-operable anyhow.

But anyways my main point is... probably as far as getting a production started it will not affect pricing as much as the R&D really, especially with a company that deals in carbon constantly, and the fact that the hatch will contain FAR less CF then a hood would I cannot see it being much more... You can get a hood SHIPPED for under 600 now... why you wouldnt want that i have no clue??? you can paint CF and u cannot tell so for all you guys saying you dont want fades or dont want CF outer peices... hello?

BlueDragon

plz delete this i have no idea why but i repleid to the carbon thread and it made a new one... no idea how that happened...

klue

I hear you man.

- a hood is much simpler than a hatch. you can easily lay fibre on top the hood,fenders,sunroof to make a skin, not exactly the same process with a hatch as it has complicated sections.

carbon fibre though strong, does flex, carbon fibre is harder to work with/shape and is much more expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.