Group Buy Carbon Hood

solarinsocal

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here was interested in doing a group buy for carbon hoods by Seibon. They make both the CS and AT hoods. Let me know if anyone is interested. :D

CMS-GT4

Why sebion? Vis already offers a CS (replica) style hood at a good price, maybe they can sell cheaper with a group buy.

etantshi

I wasn't sure about the order of the quality of the manufactures. If the seibon hoods are the crappy looking ones that I remember then I'm out.

slappyNuts

well lets find a good brand and get a group buy together anyways! count me in for any group buys that anyone ever does :D

solarinsocal

Hey guys, there seems to be some confusion as to whether Seibon fixed the proportion issue or not. If someone can get me the dimensions of the placement of the vents and the size of the vents I can go double check to see what is what.

turbo4wd

RedCelicaTRD":2sox36p5 said:
They have a different version? I've only seen the crappy, way-off originals.

+1

I haven't heard or seen any updates to Seibon's RC/CS design and don't expect to see them anytime soon.. Making molds for these hoods is expensive and I don't think they'd make new molds for such a small volume item..

The ViS version in photos looks similar to the FI version I've seen in person..

I wonder if FI is even still in business anymore.. or maybe they've focused solely on wholesale and sell the hoods direct to ViS... :shrug:

WarTowels

I might be interested in this based on price and how deep my pockets are at the moment. I would defiantly be down during the summer, but not currently.

I'd prefer VIS or FI. If you going to do a GB might as well get closest to original as possible.

Also, what about a fiber glass hood group buy? As we know, it is easier to repair, nearly the same weight, and the cost far less to produce.

-Towels

timmey

I'd likely be interested if the buy was with VIS of FI.

The Seibon's have exaggerated vents and scoop and don't seem to be of the same quality on the AT and CS hood.

turbo4wd

WarTowels":bd2ovkx0 said:
Also, what about a fiber glass hood group buy? As we know, it is easier to repair, nearly the same weight, and the cost far less to produce.

That would be good if ViS or FI were interested in laying up fiberglass rather than CF since the mold exists, but I have a feeling they won't because their train of thought probably looks something like this: small volume market + maximizing profit = CF FTW.

Either way, I'm game if its a FI or ViS hood.. not Seibon.. and if this takes off, lets try to make sure everyone gets the hood they paid for, and isn't left high and dry like the first group buy.. :|