offset

SleepingTurbo

ive been thinking about this alot lately, and its come to my attention that many people on this forum use a factory or close to factory offset and spacers. since im trying to add a little lowrider style to my 165, i was thinking a zero or close-to-zero offset rim along the lines of an xxr 002.
opinions? thoughts?

TurboSpec

those are the rims i'm getting, 16x8 0-offset sportmax 002, i've been told that the rear sits completely flush while the front pokes out a bit on the st185, i'm not super sure on the 165 though, but when i get teh wheels in i'll test htem out on my buddys 165

lumbercis

I think most people on the forums would run more aggressive offsets if they could. The problem is that aggressive offsets are not available "off the shelf" in 5x100 bolt pattern. So people get what is easily available which is usually 17x8 +35.

One solution is to get wheels from a company that do custom offsets as a matter of course such as Work or SSR. Also certain individual wheels such as some of the Gram Lights range from Ray's are available in custom offset.

Another option would be to figure out how to convert our hubs to 5x114.3. gtfour77 has already figured this out for the fronts. Just need some enterprising alltrac owner to figure out the rears and we're set.

bazza2541

I use pcd adaptors. 5x100 to 5x114. They are 25mm deep to which I have fitted a set of et35 Azevs. With the PCD adaptors that comes down to et12. Which is OK, but I want more, so I am going to go with a saet of 16inch Lenso BSX which I can get in et25, with the adaptors that comes in at the magic et0, if I was prepared to go 15 inch on the Lensos I could get et20 which with the adaptors would come in at et-5!!!

SleepingTurbo

the adapter is a good idea. but i was looking for extra aggressive. something that would stick out alittle further from the fenders. the 002's look sick in red.
TurboSpec: did you have to call on the 002's or did they ask for the prefered offset when you ordered?

as for spacers i might go with attain 30mm in the rear which would push the rears out a little further to match the fronts

lumbercis

Hub adaptors work to get whatever wheels you have closer to flush, but they don't work if you want to run a wheel with aggressive offset.

Aggressive offset being defined as a dished face for a monoblock wheel or a deep lip for a multi-piece wheel. You have to have low offset of the wheel itself to get the aggressive look. Which is why I said to either go with custom offset wheels like Work or SSR or find a way to do a hub conversion to 5x114.3

SleepingTurbo

they still do the same thing, and push the wheel out further? because if the front stick out a little, id like to match the rears.

TurboSpec

sleeping turbo: i had talked to the guy like a month back and he had these on his 91 celica gts, he said that the rear will sit perfectly flush with the fender while the front will poke just a bit, that should give the car a very agressive look

if all goes well i'm ordering the sportmax 002's this coming monday, as soon as i nab some tires for the wheels i'll throw them on the car and take some pics to show what 0-offset looks like on a st185

i'm ordering the 16x8 0-offset 5x100 ones, heres a ref pic

oo2.jpg

TurboSpec

ordered the sportmax 002's this morning, he said they will be shipped out today, now i just gotta go find me some tires

TurboSpec

here are the pictures, keep in mind these are my temporary tires (205/60/16) and my car isn't lowered yet, so they'll look a whole lot better when lowered

also took a shot of the rear fender/rim line up

gt4006.jpg

PDC_3061.jpg

PDC_3065.jpg

SleepingTurbo

holy god of toyota. i literally just fell off my chair when i saw the full pic. thats a beautifu trac and a gorgeous set of rims youve got their. those pics help alot. its gives me an idea of what itll look like. thanks a bunch

FGFennec

Yah man! looks SICK....we gotta hang sometime so we can take some pics of those rims on my 165...then everyone will know if they fit or not XD....

looks sick as always.