ST165 Rear Spoiler Decals and JDM Door Decals

Redrkt01

I want in. I'll probably get a few. Someone please let me know when this goes through so I don't miss out. I'd appreciate it if someone gave me a heads up so I can send some cash over.

alistair

Count me in for 2 sets of decals for the Alltrac.

One of the previous owners of my ST165 decided to debadge it :shoots:

d1alltrac

I'll probably be able to do a stencil of the AllTrac decal this weekend. Luckily my red car still has all the decals intact.

I'll let you know when I do it so you can PM me your address.

86turboswap

When you have the stencil PM me and I'll send you my address. That way I can take the stencil directly to them for reproduction.
Thanks.

d1alltrac

Do you still want a picture or will a stencil suffice? I can't do 7MP+, but if you want a couple from my ancient 3.1MP let me know.

How are things going with the door decals though? I'd imagine getting stencils or high-res pics of those would be pretty tough.

ChrisD

OK, I should be able to do the high res of the door decals. Stencil may be tough b/c of how long they are. Also can't do the hatch gt-four one, the line effect is cut but the excess is still there and not yet removed.

Redrkt01

I can get the door decals from Japan. If I'm not mistaken the set costs about $160.00. I could buy an extra and have a direct copy made if that suits people.

86turboswap

You sure they are ST165 Door Decals, not ST185 they are different. Most people confuse them. If you can get them I'll be buying a set to take to Phoenix Graphix. They are not in the US parts system and Toyota Customer Relations told me they are discontinued for the ST165, and there are none in stock in Japan. The ST185's are available in Japan.

Redrkt01

86turboswap":1obxujq2 said:
You sure they are ST165 Door Decals, not ST185 they are different. Most people confuse them. If you can get them I'll be buying a set to take to Phoenix Graphix. They are not in the US parts system and Toyota Customer Relations told me they are discontinued for the ST165, and there are none in stock in Japan. The ST185's are available in Japan.

Yeah, I'm sure. And these were parts people that got me my info.

86turboswap

Redrkt01":17exwms8 said:
86turboswap":17exwms8 said:

Yeah, I'm sure. And these were parts people that got me my info.
What do you mean by parts people. Have you ever ordered one.
Toyota Customer Relations is where parts depts have to call in order to find out about japenese parts they have to be assigned a reference # and then forward the reference # over to Tech Support in order get anything out of Japan. I went straight to the source at Tech support and they told me status D come up on the part#'s.

If you seriously can get them somehow. Post up a pic of one and I'll buy a couple sets off you.

Redrkt01

About three weeks ago I called all over the place looking for a dealership that would help me out. One of the dealers pointed me towards a different dealer in California. He said they would be my best bet and gave me the phone number. I called them with a whole bunch of numbers in hand and asked if any could be found. They called back a few days later and said they could get some, but not all since some were discontinued. One of those that I could source was the gray door decals. They are around $85 a piece.

I think the difference between your story and mine is that you're talking to people that look on the computer and see that something is either in production or not. Whereas I'm talking to people who might possibly know where to look and see if that PN is in warehouse x's inventory. You're probably right in that it's discontinued, but realize that the day they stop production there are still 1,000 units sitting on someone's shelf. I'm guessing that I have benefited from my contact actually finding a few.

86turboswap

Can you dropship a set to me. shoot me a PM on price. I am gonna take them straight to phoenix graphix, so they can reproduce them based off the original decals. That way they will always be available and in the US. I picture years from now that nothing will be available at the dealer. Then the work I am doing today will really help everyone in the future.

Redrkt01

You say years from now......and I'm over here sweating over the three weeks I've already waited to pull the trigger. I bet they could disappear in months if they haven't already. I'll place and order for two cars' worth on Monday and let you know what it cost.

Redrkt01

86turboswap":1y96ivs3 said:
I appreciate the help.

I ordered four door decals. We should here back about availability in about two days.

What is going on in regards to the GT-Four rear deck decal? Those are for sure out of print and out of stock. I see all this talk about having them reproduced, but is anything actually taking shape? I need to know because that decal is the last piece of my alltrac that needs to be converted to GT-Four exterior styling.

86turboswap

Ok I currently have a brand new OEM TOYOTA

Toyota decal
Celica Decal

Thanks to Patrick in Texas I have some really really good stencils of the alltrac turbo decal

waiting on Chris Dittrick for a really good stencil of the GT-FOUR decal.

He may be a bit busy lately getting ready for ogopogo meet or whatever that is.

Once I have all the decals together, I will take the whole package with close to 100 pics down to Phoenix Graphix and drop it off.