Removing the Reinforcement bar

Halfie

Hey guys! I just took off the front bar from my ST185, and while I'm getting some new brackets for the top fabricated to fit the CS bar, I thought i'd take off the old fat reo bar and get a new one made up.

The problem is that I can't see how it comes off! I see two large bolts in the top with a kind of metal thing hanging off it, but any amount of force will not budge it.

What else will need to be undone to remove this monstrosity from the front of my car?

yamayuki98

if you look underneath there will be a nut holding it..you will need another tool to keep the bolt from spinning...but this is the real way to take it off not from the bolt but from the nut

Halfie

Bookmarked, but dammit, it was 1 day too late ;)

The bolt on one side has completely rust-welded itself into one piece, which is why it didn't budge. I had to cut it and I'll have to find a replacement on Monday.

edit: By the way, that's a damn clean intercooler install! How is the response vs. the original top mount?

I've got a ST205 WTA setup sitting here, but I'm thinking of selling it and getting a FMIC