Front bumper help.

toybota

I have been trying to remove the bumper off my ST185, Turbo 4WD. I have undone all the bolts underneath, be the headlights and the plastic screws by the crash bar. I can't find any others and I've read at this point you use brute force. Before I go reefing on the thing and inevitably break things :doh: AM I MISSING A BOLT?

r-town

Usually the fender retainers are the ones that require some force to remove.The plastic clips hold the bumper really well.

toybota

I have all the bolts for the fenders taken off, and I can see a bolt holding the fenders on that can't be reached because of the bumper. Where are the clips you said that need some force to take off?

r-town

Bumper_support.png
Maybe you already unclip them. This is from a GT-s. I have marked the bumper support brackets, and they are riveted with a retainer. Each support has two small handles that snap into the fender plastic clip. This helps the bumper have a flush look with the fender. The first time I removed my bumper I didn't know it had those, and I thought I was missing a bolt somewhere.

fussellbug

in the picture r-town posted, part# 52675A is the plastic clip. There are two on each side, one directly above the other at the front edge of each fender. On the inside of the bumper there are a couple of metal rods on each side that snap into these plastic clips. Based on the age of these plastic clips, it is likely that one or more of the plastic clips will break when you pull the bumper off. To order them use part # 52675-20010. The list price is $2.44 each.

toybota

Thank you guys so much was not expecting that detail of a response :D . Toyotas over engineering is such a good thing to have but sometimes, it is a real pain in the ass. I'll go try that.

toybota

So I got everything undone. But now I can't get my hand in to undo the turn signal bulbs so I can take the bumper away from the car. Gotta wait for someone with small hands to show up. :doh:

toybota

I know how to take bulbs out, I just couldn't get my hand in, the gap was too small. After fiddling with the bumper though I got my hand in.