Best way to remove rear spoiler corners St165?

bmt

I'm prepping my St165 for paint and would like any tips for removing the rear spoiler corner pieces. As the car is nearly 30yrs old the plastic is probably a little inflexible and from what I have read they are prone to breakage?

I remember reading somewhere that after removing the screws accessible once the hatch is open you slide a rag underneath it and slide it forward to the point where the ball clip is and lift?

Is that the best way? Getting replacements will not be easy!

Awesome-Trac

Should have the bolts underneath which can be accessed through the trunk! My best guess is to slowly knock it up from in the trunk rather then pry it up and break it!

Anoo21

Pop the rear liftback. There is a couple of screws that are in the side of the inner spoiler and I believe one inside and just pop it off. Real easy.

mkernz22

I took the ones off my parts car and it was just the screws you see once you lift the hatch. Other wise there was a bunch of double sided tape and I had to carefully pry it out.

bmt

Thanks for your help. I pulled them off with out to much drama. Pulled the obvious screws and drivers side one popped off with very little pressure. Passenger one had been bonded on with LOTS of bond and seal. Managed to carefully cut the seal until it released. Whew no damage!

Anoo21

I am about to do a repaint on mine too but the sideskirts/flares bottom clips and screws are old. Were you able to get those out pretty easy without damaging it to much? That is what I am mostly afraid of.