FYI, if you're using 205 brakes on a 185. .

FC Zach

Years ago when I got my AllTrac it didn't have a spare tire with it so I sourced an OE (185) wheel and bought a tire with the appropriate aspect ratio to mirror the 215/45/17 tires currently on the car as well as the correct lug nuts to secure the wheel.

Sometime years later I installed 205 brakes front and rear. . .

Tonight on the way to work I had a blowout. No worries, I have a spare. . or so I thought. The wheel is too small for the 205 brake set-up :doh:

Just wanted to point this out to anyone that has 205 brakes (and/or adapters) and haven't considered this. So after tonight's incident, I will be searching for a suitable spare that will work on my car. It sucks because I try to be prepared for anything but unfortunately this went under the radar and I found this out at the wrong time :oops:

CMS-GT4

I think Monkracing found that a oem 7th gen wheel will clear st205 front brakes adapted on a 185. They are a very wide caliper, so I am sure that limits wheels that will clear.

I bought a enkei rpf1 because I assumed they would clear anything. They won't clear my front calipers on my custom setup without a pretty big spacer, which will put them in the way of the fender on compression. So if I ever have a flat, and its not on the rear, I need to put my enkei on the rear and move the other wheel to the front. Hopefully I never have to use it, but its a just in emergency setup.

FC Zach

CMS-GT4":v0avh12v said:
I think Monkracing found that a oem 7th gen wheel will clear st205 front brakes adapted on a 185. They are a very wide caliper, so I am sure that limits wheels that will clear.

I bought a enkei rpf1 because I assumed they would clear anything. They won't clear my front calipers on my custom setup without a pretty big spacer, which will put them in the way of the fender on compression. So if I ever have a flat, and its not on the rear, I need to put my enkei on the rear and move the other wheel to the front. Hopefully I never have to use it, but its a just in emergency setup.

Thanks for the heads up! I was actually searching for those at work last night, good to know that's a viable option! I have spacer/adapters front and rear so I may luck out with fitment. I'll try a local scrap yard for one of these, maybe they'll allow me to test fit first? ? Thanks again!

FC Zach

Definitely not, stock 205 rotors in the rear. The front maybe, I'm using Lexus IS300 rotors so there's slightly more room in the front.

alltracman78

A 7th gen wheel with a 45 series tire might squeeze into the spare tire "hole", but anything larger than that probably isn't going to fit. The hole is just big enough for the stock tire, anything much larger and you won't be able to put the stock covers on. You could just have it sitting in the trunk though.

One of the downsides to larger brakes. :p

FC Zach

I ordered a 7th gen wheel that arrived yesterday and just test fitted, it fits the stock 205 rear (I have a 40mm space in the rear, so I'm not positive if it'll fit without) as well as the front (205 caliper, IS rotor, 1" spacer).

As far as the previous post with concern to fitting this combo in the spare well. . I was able to carry a stock 15 with a 205/60/15 (equivalent to the 215/45/17 tires currently on the car).

34388153790_68679ee582_z.jpg

8BitBrody

FC Zach":2rbs89ve said:
I have a 40mm space in the rear, so I'm not positive if it'll fit without
Would you be willing to check fitment without your spacers, some time? I was considering doing this in the future, but I'm not sure I'd want to run spacers on my car. I'd love to find a Toyota wheel that would be a bolt on fit.