RC poly bumper help

Deceptik1

Can anyone with a Vicrez or KBD RC bumper let me know if they had this issue with their poly bumper where both the side lips to mount the stock bracket are missing? I'm thinking I got a bad bumper, as I don't see how to mount the sides without hacking away at a stock bumper and fusing the stock bumper edges to the poly bumper.
RbXM5yv.jpg

Myt6ZNM.jpg

r-town

This was discussed in the facebook group, and I believe it was designed this way. I think it's a major flaw since you need the side walls for the bumper to snap into the fender.

Deceptik1

Thanks for the info. I wish I knew this before I purchased. Definitely a bad flaw but I guess I'll get it to work somehow.

underscore

It looks intentional given the location of the logo, it seems odd for them to do it that way though. I'd try gluing metal brackets with heavy duty adhesive before trying to chop up another bumper for the tabs though.

GT4times2

Deceptik1":3uinp6u0 said:
Thanks for the info. I wish I knew this before I purchased. Definitely a bad flaw but I guess I'll get it to work somehow.

Updates on this? KBD seems to guarantee a fit with their RC bumper covers. Contact them. I didn't even know they existed until this topic/thread started. Just did a search on them.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Vicrez bumper? Looking to buy an RC bumper for the other ST185. So feedback will be appreciated

underscore

I can't find a listing for the KBD (never heard of them until now either), which of the three (KBD, GT4-Racing and Vicrez) is the most durable? I'm thinking of picking up an aftermarket bumper skin and support bar to use so that I'm not risking my OEM bumper now that the supply has been used up by everyone with a standard 185.

r-town

boogie07":19e9p8dg said:
Anyone know if vicrez is the same way?

My reply was referring to the vicrez one. There was a thread on the Facebook group discussing that the Vicrez replica had no side walls to rivet the fender mounting tabs.

Ninja-Nam

i have a vicrez one. i have the same issue as well. i think im going to have to drill the rivets out of the old bracket on the stock bumper and rivet it to the new bumper.

boogie07

I ended up buying a used one from ebay last week. It comes with the mesh covers and a reinforcement bar and the metal brackets on the sides of the bunmper. I'm not sure if it is an original. I was happy until I found out the someone hit my driver side fender on Halloween night. Now my tire hits the fender when I go over a bump.

Deceptik1

Update for you guys. Only real way to have sides fit like stock would be to mold in stock bumper sides with the brackets. Another crappy part about this bumper is that it doesn’t have the recessed pocket needed for the upper bumper bracket. That means the top of the bumper will angle upwards since the vicrez/kbd bumper doesn’t sit flush with upper bumper bracket. The workaround to make it fit “ok” is to trim the upper bumper bracket in half length wise. I recommend no one spends money on this crappy bumper unless you don’t mind spending time to make it fit. I actually ended up getting a fiberglass RC bumper from celica-tuning.com