Hood Scoop for an ST165

Celica Turbo

Hello

im looking for an Hood Scoop for my Celica ST165. Any a Idea?

Corolla Levin? :shrug:

levin-front.JPG

levin05.jpg

Thanks a lot of any Ideas ans Pictures

Celica Turbo

klue

i dont to much care for that particular scoop. The st185 style doesnt look to bad. just make sure u add some vents to give all that extra air somewhere to go

Kess

I looked at this pic...then walked out and looked at my ST165, then came back in and looked at this "ST165" and something does not look right. I don't think this is an ST165 at all. Plus I really hate the way this hood looks.

toayoztan

He's asking if the hood scoop from that pic (which is a corolla levin) would/could be possible for his 165.

Bryan

Kess

I realized what type of car it was and excatly what he was asking after i posted, boy do I feel dumb. :oops:

Kess

YEs, but I'm one of those ppl that has to show my ignorance to the entire world, and say take me or leave me :D

BlazeKing

If you have the time consider making a hood scoop your self out of fibreglass. I have made a couple of versions, one that looked a little like the one in the pics (scrapped it immedietlyl, because it looked horid when on the car) but right now I am working on a full hood mold. Not very hard and pretty cheap. Just remember that for the best results you usually have to make a fibreglass outer mold and them make the finished article from that, otherwise you will be sanding alot.

A

Anonymous

Please dont put that scoop on your ST165.
There's more scoops in the world that look way better than that P.O.S

Voxtrace

Well you can go with a fiberglass scope that you can have placed on your hood (by the way I do have one laying around I could sell to you if you really would like one)
But the fiberglass resin or whatever does shrink in heat so you will have the near impossible job of trying to keep the hood temp down with some sort of heat shield like water heater wrapping
the best way and pretty costly way is to get a steel hood scoop and have that placed on, I had a real st-185 hood graphed (I think that’s the term) onto my hood but it all really depends on how much money you'd like to spend and why your doing it if it is just for looks the fiberglass one should work fine but if you need the scoop for a top mount intercooler or something functional then you might want to spend a the right money to make it work well.