ST165 bonnet with custom bulge and ST185 Group A vent

Kyoto

Bonnet required bulge to clear the 205I/C which sits up about an inch higher than the standard 165I/C. Hope you likey! :)

23.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

Kyoto

Uhuh, lots of bodywork. And about two months driving round with a faded and beaten up red ST162 bonnet with the support cut out (to clear the IC).

They cut the hole for the vent, then made about six cuts radiating outward from the hole. These were then bent up and re-welded, which took ages. It was really difficult getting everything to line up again and as you can see its not perfect but its about the best we could do.

Kyoto

i like it...sounds like it was a pain in the ass though

Nothing has ever been easy on this car, but when it comes together like it nearly has it just makes it all the more satisfying. For the money spent i could have had an R32 GT-R or similar but like, its not a GT4 man! :D

Kyoto

There isn't much to see on the underside as the OEM insulation is still there. Im waiting till i have the motivation to track down some heat frlective tape to line the underside with. This will also allow me to rig up a little tube from the cam duct to the little hole on the left hand side of the vent.

If you sitll want photos lemme know and ill go snap em, just thought i'd ask first than waste bandwidth with useless pics.

Chai

your bodyshop guy does a good job. I've been working with cars for 5 years now and man that guy or yours can do a clean job :D

AWDtoyota

Kyoto":33w1sc6g said:
If you sitll want photos lemme know and ill go snap em, just thought i'd ask first than waste bandwidth with useless pics.

Would you please...
And if possible could you take some pics of it without the insulation. If not, it's no problem though.

Kyoto

Yer the bodywork is amazing, but the colour matching leaves someting to be desired. I'll def. grab some pics when i get some heat reflective tape to replace the insulation, let me know if pics of the undserside with insulaiton are still gonna be of interest to you...

AWDtoyota

Kyoto":113yq2vz said:
Yer the bodywork is amazing, but the colour matching leaves someting to be desired. I'll def. grab some pics when i get some heat reflective tape to replace the insulation, let me know if pics of the undserside with insulaiton are still gonna be of interest to you...

Yes, yes please take some pictures of the underside of the hood...insulation or not.

thank you :)