Finally installed my Carbon Fiber CS hood (pics)

camry90

too bad FI don't make them anymore, the one from SEIBON isn't even a clone, it's their interpretation of what is a CS/RC hood :x

you guys want to do a group buy at FI? :twisted:

Puffy

Some pics I found on the net showing the quality of their seibon CS hood.

carbonhood009wf1.jpg

carbonhood013xp6.jpg

carbonhood011ze7.jpg

tcarbonhood002923du2.jpg

tcarbonhood003153ae2.jpg

tcarbonhood004128wq5.jpg

theUNYTEDone

damn. i was almost going to comment that the picture on their site of the hood looks to be a little more in proportion compared to the real deal... :roll:

suspicions confirmed on quality.

maxaud

this was taken right after a rain so my car was really dirty but this shows the mesh thast covers the vent to keep stuff out, right above turbo. At stoplights everything in front of you gets all wavy from the heat.

DSCF1026.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

Highway

maxaud said:
this was taken right after a rain so my car was really dirty but this shows the mesh thast covers the vent to keep stuff out, right above turbo. At stoplights everything in front of you gets all wavy from the heat.
we get that on ALL cars here in Texas :rofl:

maxaud

It gets so bad that it starts to mess with your eyes though. Kinda makes you not want to look forward becuase it messes with your focus and when you catch it out the corner of your eye it bugs ya even more.

SowndWave

I do not know what you all have paid for your hoods... So can anyone tell me if a stock ST185 Carbon fiber hood for...

$600CAD or $514USD or 263GBP or, $658AUD,

would be a good price?

Found one locally and can pick it up within a week, need opinions on the price. The brand is Seibon btw.

Thanks, brothers.

syko says

nope, dont get a seibon, look at my post with the pics the page before this one (page 3) if you still want to. by all means, no ones stopping you. whatever spools your turbo.

SowndWave

Now thats my bad, busy and at work so I didnt look into the rest of the tread very carefully.

I can see its kind of warped... Thats a downer. What about the price though, does that seem outrageous or just plain not worth it for the quality and fitment that i'll be left with? Also, are hood pins REQUIRED with cf hood or whats the reccomendation on that one?

(Sorry for all the Q's, never considered a CF hood before)

alltracst185

i have the seibon cf hood and i don't have any complaints.if you are planing or are using a front mount intercooler you will be fine with the seibon hood.some people are just too cheap to buy one.seibon supplys most and including vis their carbon fiber! they are the leaders in carbon fiber......i say buy it. good price!

here is a pic of mine.

Attachments

• my hood.jpg
    my hood.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 70

SowndWave

I will be using the Top mount intercooler for sure, and would like this hood to be an exact fit.. for that kind of price how CANT they make it perfect? Probably a shitty way of curing the resin that makes it bend and distort?

Toxygene

I have seen the Seibon hood. If you get the RC styled hood from them then you'll be disapointed at how badly they copied it. The US CF copy from them isn't that much better in terms of proportionality. At least get one of the CF replicas that look exactly like the original piece. The Seibon is very far from looking like the exact original piece. And if you plan on showing up to any events where other ST185 owners are. They'll know in a second you've got a Seibon.

theUNYTEDone

Toxygene":mwiwedjm said:
And if you plan on showing up to any events where other ST185 owners are. They'll know in a second you've got a Seibon.

+1....but where can a decent CF replica be found (other than VIS, which still isnt good), or FI, or...seibon.?