Finally installed my Carbon Fiber CS hood (pics)

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":c1j7tq70 said:
So I guess the real question is, will FI still make hoods?

If they won't, I wonder if they will give up the mold. Smay paid to have the mold made, does he have rights to it?

I'm pretty sure Jeff doesnt have any "rights" to the mold itself. I'm also pretty sure that FI will be willing to make more hoods, after all - a mold is better off being used to make them some money, rather than collecting dust in the back of the warehouse.

So I don't think motivation is a problem on their part, the only problem I see is everything else - pricing, logistics, lead time, etc.. This is all stuff a business like theirs should already have figured out, but who knows..

Traks

Has anyone contacted FI about production of more hoods? I thought they weren't making them because they were too much of a PITA.

SuperWhite92

I suspect if anyone is able to get fiber images to build these hoods again, the price will be quite a bit higher than it was before, and the lead time longer. Those of you who can't wait 6 months for a part might want to duck out now.

b00staholic

I'm willing to wait 6 months for the hood if price is about the same as it was before.

The longer the leadtime = the less of a deposit I'm willing to make.

Toxygene

There is a saying:

Price

Quality

Time

Pick any two!

I'd be willing to wait for a hood that looked as good as the finished product I saw but Ditto for the price break.

Again, I'm sure that that also has a lot to do with how many people we group together. So I say we should definitely look at talking to Non-turbo Celica people as well and seeing if we can get some to go in on this hood as well.

Toxygene

OK, just checking but hasn anyone else tried to contact FI? I might give it a go just to see if I'm the lucky one to pull a person.

Also, I know you must think I'm harping on this, but has anyone mentioned this on the regular Celica boards? Gotta drum up interest to make it happen for us.

tjdouble07

Toxygene":3t4ii0ri said:
OK, just checking but hasn anyone else tried to contact FI? I might give it a go just to see if I'm the lucky one to pull a person.

Also, I know you must think I'm harping on this, but has anyone mentioned this on the regular Celica boards? Gotta drum up interest to make it happen for us.

I gave Fiber Images a call today and they said they do still make the CS/RC hood, and it would be $725 for the hood, plus about $180 for shipping, and they only have about a two week lead time on one.

I might just have to save up for one of these bad boys...

theUNYTEDone

i guess they didnt recognize your number on caller ID like they do smaay. :lol:

but i would indeed like to save for one...since you were able to get the phone call through, would you be so kind as to inquire about CF headlight covers?

turbo4wd

tjdouble07":37ak20fq said:
I gave Fiber Images a call today and they said they do still make the CS/RC hood, and it would be $725 for the hood, plus about $180 for shipping, and they only have about a two week lead time on one..

That sounds about right. Thats what they told me the price would be around for individual orders. So that comes out to $900 for the hood.. You guys can see how much of a price break they gave Jeff for our group buy..

They said they'd be willing to work with the price if there was another group buy, but again their terms (last time i checked) was that they needed half the money up front for a minimum 10 orders. And the lead time was unclear..

Sifu

Count me in on the group buy... I missed out on it due to other more important parts.

If there are more interested bodies I suggest another thread as I'm sure Griffin is getting bombardment on a FI CS CF hood that he already has and there's still the poor suckers (like myself) who would like to get one...

illGT4

I've spoke to Willy a few times over the last week.

$50 discount / hood on orders of ten or more. I was thinking of doing a bulk order but the profit is too little compared to the hassle.

So, I just ordered one @ $700. $180 to ship to PA.

Toxygene

I still say, that we need to drum up interest with those who drive regular Celica GTS's and such. Someone ought to feel out a few other Celica forums.

illGT4

theUNYTEDone":oz9ywd11 said:
so its not going to take 1+years like last time anymore?

I don't know what held up the GB. But they have the mold now, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Dunno..