Need to do somework. Anyone want to help?

AWDios

OK so far I'm needing to do the front brakes (no problem) Front left wheel bearing (haven't done this before) and the rear axle bearings (also havn't done this)

I have a garage and tools, just looking for any help I can get, and a better idea of what needs to be done on those projects I haven't done before.

There might be a couple of other things, so I'll post them as they come up.

3s_woob

i'm always down to help although there's alot of things going on... just give me a call when you're working on your car and I'll let you know what's up... and you can barrow my BGB if you need it.

XoDuzZ

Hey Ryan - an asian woman came in to sears today and worked at lexus of bellevue and i asked her if she knew anything about celicas and she responded yes,

I told her i had an all-trac and she said oh yes i used to work with a Ryan Woo and he had some sort of awd celica.

name was Mimi, i think. was crazy that she said that and i actually knew you.

Btw where did you get your custom exhaust done?

And she told me to tell you she no longer works at the honda dealer.

-James

AWDios

Thanks ryan, BTW you ever done any of this? There was someone at the meet with a red 165 and a front mount, said he'd help and he lives close, and he's pretty much torn his car apart and put it back together. I forget his name and don't know how to reach him. Know who I"m talking about?

3s_woob

James... haha what a small world yeah i use to work with here at honda of seattle. Mimi is a very nice person... and she works really hard! so she works at Lexus of bell. huh? well i guess i'm going to have to visit her sometime. so you work at sears? in the tools department?

Roger- nope i have not done any of the things you listed except the brakes like you. :lol: but the guy with the red st165 lives in bellevue and his name is Scott. thought i had his info but i guess i don't

AWDios

Darn, well I ordered all the parts, I'll post up when they get here, but I also have some auto mechanic friends, including my room mate, so I might just bug them.

Mr Fitzpantson

I think I also have some front wheel bearings going bad, but the sound I think they make could just be tire noise (sounds similar to a truck with off-road tires on pavement but less in magnitude). and it's nothing compared to the exhaust noise. The wheels don't have any play in them the last time I checked. Roger, is there a a constant whirling noise that changes tone when the car swerves right and left? or is it more like mine?

I spoke to scott (red 165) at the first NW toyota meet and he said that changing the wheel bearings would require a press. He suggested to take the hub assembly off the car and have a shop or dealership press in the new bearings. Anyways good luck with the maintenance stuff. Things are really busy now, but I'm pretty close in kirkland and could help out if your in a jam. I might be helping Jim (yoursymphonyinc) with replacing a cv-boot soon.

AWDios

Well it was bad enough that it messed up the rotor as well. To tell you the truth I don't hear that much when I'm driving it, I did have Burien Toyota confirm this was the problem since I had it in there recently. I know that I'll need a press, but my roomate is going to technical college to be a mechanic and he'll be able to get me access to the one at his school, I'm thinking I might be able to handle this fine, but having someone with experience would make it less time consuming.