new to toyotas thought i would share

Mr.Fister

so i bought this gt4 from my cousin, he got kinda bored with it and bought an m5. and offered it to me for a pretty good price. i have always wanted a right hand drive car ever since i rode in my buddies skyline. its a pretty good car runs great only things done to it are coil overs and 3" turbo back exhaust and it only has like 60k kilometers on the drivetrain. i have only owned audis or vw's before this so its all kinda new to me.... the internet has been my friend haha well i look forward to meeting some of you guys at one of your meets soon. thanks for looking

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

2_Liter_Turbo

Welcome! Nice to see a local ST205! We (3SGTE.net) have meets almost every month locally, hope to see you at the next one!

Terracar

I agree, nice to see a local ST205. Hope to see you at a local meet. There are numerous clubs in the area such as Toyota Syndicate NW, 3sgte.net and a few others.

If you have any questions, his us up as we are always willing to help.

-Terracar

Mr.Fister

pintoBC_5sfte":3jdyxztj said:
nice celi! :D i didnt think 205's were legal to import into the states yet tho

true, it is an american vin celica that was swapped with all the gt4 goodies so its legal in the states. the swap took around 2 years to complete, the chassis was stripped down bare and resprayed a lexus is300 color, i cant remember the paint code right now. and the front clip and other associated parts of the donor gt4 were integrated. so technically its not a "real" gt4. but it was the only way he could get one here. before my cousin had this car he swapped a 2jzgte into his gs300 and did a single t70 turbonetics turbo on it, that car was possibly the scariest car i have rode in. he was a pretty big yota nut

sammyw

Welcome, my family has three RHD toyotas in Vancouver, WA. Two all-tracs, one is a swap we did, and a supra, it's nice to see another pop up in the area. And it is a really nice celica you have there, our swap is still a project but mostly complete.

Mr.Fister":iaka24sk said:
pintoBC_5sfte":iaka24sk said:
nice celi! :D i didnt think 205's were legal to import into the states yet tho

true, it is an american vin celica that was swapped with all the gt4 goodies so its legal in the states. the swap took around 2 years to complete, the chassis was stripped down bare and resprayed a lexus is300 color, i cant remember the paint code right now. and the front clip and other associated parts of the donor gt4 were integrated. so technically its not a "real" gt4. but it was the only way he could get one here.

So is it an all-trac?

sammyw

Mr.Fister":2ofz3bws said:
Yes it is all wheel drive

Well then congrats on your swap, it took us two years just to go from a LHD ST-185 to a RHD ST-185. Your cousin must really know what he was doing to go from a LHD ST-204 to a RHD ST-205 and have it come out that nice. Hope to see it driving around sometime. You should post pics of the project if you have any, I have a few in my project thread from my swap, we took a bunch to prove to State Patrol, because it had to be inspected before we registered it, to prove we did what we said we did.

Mr.Fister

sammyw":1hpesd0d said:
Mr.Fister":1hpesd0d said:

Well then congrats on your swap, it took us two years just to go from a LHD ST-185 to a RHD ST-185. Your cousin must really know what he was doing to go from a LHD ST-204 to a RHD ST-205 and have it come out that nice. Hope to see it driving around sometime. You should post pics of the project if you have any, I have a few in my project thread from my swap, we took a bunch to prove to State Patrol, because it had to be inspected before we registered it, to prove we did what we said we did.

the car has already been registered in utah, do you think i will have to have to have it inspected here in oregon when i register it? it is an american vin so hopefully it wont be a problem, so as far as the dmv knows its just a lhd 94' celica gt. if it is a problem ill just keep it registered in utah and drive it out there to go through deq every 2 yrs if i have to.

sammyw

Mr.Fister":2lqtp6eb said:
sammyw":2lqtp6eb said:
Mr.Fister":2lqtp6eb said:

the car has already been registered in utah, do you think i will have to have to have it inspected here in oregon when i register it? it is an american vin so hopefully it wont be a problem, so as far as the dmv knows its just a lhd 94' celica gt. if it is a problem ill just keep it registered in utah and drive it out there to go through deq every 2 yrs if i have to.

No, we called ahead a couple months before to see what we needed to do, mine was also totaled before we started, and they told us we had to have inspected first. When we went in for the inspection though we found out it was unnecessary but state patrol wanted to inspect it since it was already there. I like that it has been inspected though because if I get pulled over I will just tell the officer it is registered, insured and has been inspected by state patrol, then they can't really say anything about it being legal. And with the US vin it should be a pretty simple process for you to register it in OR, good luck.

That's so awesome!!! I'm stoked to have a 205 nearby! Very cool. You shoulday check out the car show that's happening next Sunday (made a new thread for it...) Congratulations!

Terracar

Was it you who had the ST205 conversion at the Forged Performance BBQ a week and a half ago?

It was clean.

-Terracar

2_Liter_Turbo

Terracar":1rfu6v51 said:
Was it you who had the ST205 conversion at the Forged Performance BBQ a week and a half ago?

It was clean.

-Terracar

That was him, lol. He left pretty early though. Went to a gun show I think, ha ha.