I saw a Totaled alltrac in a Santa Monica Parking lot

muneo

It was parked at some collision place parking lot.
It was black with new celica rims. The rear was gone

Any idea who this was?

jsiu

If you saw it at a body shop on Colorado in Santa Monica, it sounds like mine, though it was actually a '93 GT-S. :( Guess it's story time...

It happened about a month and a half ago. I had gotten back from a 4th of July party around midnight and parked on a street right next to my apartment. When I got to my car at around 5:30 am for my first day of an internship (yes, my FIRST day!), I found the front and rear end completely smashed. I had parked right behind a fire zone and there was another car parked behind me, which was gone by the time I got to the car. No information was left behind. Originally, I had believed that this was 2 separate hit-and-run incidents, but a few weeks later, a parking officer contacted me stating that there were witnesses, who jotted down the license plate number, and filed a report. Apparently, someone was driving on the wrong side of the road (it's speculated that he/she was under the influence), hit my car dead on and pushed it into the car behind me. It was deemed a total loss by my insurance, with the damages exceeding $6K.

Luckily, my car still started and ran just fine (go Toyota!) that day. Actually, I drove it around in its mangled state for several more days because I had no other way of getting to work and was waiting for insurance to do their thing. Headlights were popping up and retracting (though not as smoothly), AC was running fine, and there were no new, additional leaks. Steering, braking, throttle, etc. was also unaffected. Toyota really built these things like rocks!

The worst part was that I had just bought the All-Trac hood off of tweekgt4 (so sorry, Herman...but it looked beautiful), installed a set of rear spacers, and spent an entire day completely detailing the Celica a few weeks prior. I did take a few pictures of the Celica right after I detailed it, which I'll resize and post a little later.

Anyways, that's my story. Needless to say, I was in absolute shock when I found my car in its condition. I'd had it for about 6 years and was still relatively young (a little shy of 110K miles). She will be missed...

:(

jsiu

A few pictures just after detailing the Celica and a few weeks prior to the accident. Notice the shiny-ness and mirror-like reflection! :D

celica01.jpg

celica02.jpg

celica03.jpg

celica04.jpg

celica05.jpg

celica06.jpg

Denver_whiteST185

Damn, that looks really clean. is that original paint (cept the hood of course)

Sorry to hear about the loss. hopefully, your insurance pulls through and you can get another celica or something.

:shoots: drunks

jsiu

Denver_whiteST185":21nnbvic said:
Damn, that looks really clean. is that original paint (cept the hood of course)

Sorry to hear about the loss. hopefully, your insurance pulls through and you can get another celica or something.

:shoots: drunks

The car was originally in Toyota's super red, but I had it repainted 2-3 years ago.

muneo

Sobb Sobb...so sorry to hear that. I'm pretty sure it was yours...

Would I be a total scavenger by asking you about spare parts?

jsiu

muneo":m90vlygt said:
Sobb Sobb...so sorry to hear that. I'm pretty sure it was yours...

Would I be a total scavenger by asking you about spare parts?

Ask away. However, I did sign over the car to my insurance. Signing the form turned out to be a lot harder than I thought...

muneo

Three specific items I'm in need of

-The wheel spacers you mentioned
-The A/C idle up valve and solenoid
-Sunroof motor

I dont think the insurance company will notice these items missing...if you have them

jsiu

muneo":3qw3ox6h said:
Three specific items I'm in need of

-The wheel spacers you mentioned
-The A/C idle up valve and solenoid
-Sunroof motor

I dont think the insurance company will notice these items missing...if you have them

muneo, I actually no longer have access to the Celica. Sorry I couldn't help you out.

jsiu

tweekgt4":1nksk7m7 said:
Wanna buy my Alltrac?

Herman, I would LOVE to take your beauty off of your hands. Unfortunately, I can't afford it at the moment and already have a car to drive around for now.

If you still have it up for sale around this time next year, let me know :D