goin to vegas this weekend

ummmiono

My friends on leave from iraq and he wanted to go to vegas before he goes back. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what clubs to go to or what not. I haven't been there in years so I have no idea where to start

db

Hmm. Lots to do out here, so it depends on what kinds of clubs you want to see, whether you want to see any shows, and what other interests you might have. Unfortunately, its both hot and humid right now courtesy of the rain showers we've been having, so being outside will be uncomfortable.

During the weekend, all clubs will be packed, especially the Strip ones, but expect to pay a healthy cover charge for non-locals. If you or your buddy have a military ID, use that when you enter and you might get the normal local rate (if there is a lower local rate).

I tend to prefer clubs off the Strip proper, because, well, of the tourists. However, I am going to LAX on Saturday, and Stoney's (a country bar, but good atmosphere and at the far south end of Las Vegas Blvd) on Sunday.

The Yard House isn't a club, but a bar/restaurant with 122 different kinds of beer on tap (and packed during the weekend), and the Blue Martini is a bit of a yuppie-ish martini joint with hot women everywhere. Both of these are at Town Center at the south end of Las Vegas Blvd.

If you like a nice, busy tavern with a few pool tables, the Durango Lodge is a good place to hang out.

Pure (Caesars Palace) is nice too, as is Revolution (Mirage). Risque (either Paris or Venetian, forgot) was ok. Moon is decent at the Palms, but I heard Rain and Ghost Bar are pretty nice too.

If you are getting a rental car, driving through the Valley of Fire, or Red Rock Canyon is fun and cheap.

I can PM you my cell number if you think you might need a local contact if you need advice, help or whatever, or maybe if you simply want to meet up sometime.

ummmiono

Hey thanks for the info. We'll see what kind of place we wanna go to when we get there. Yeah I told him he should always use his military ID.

db

Eh, how are you getting here? I notice you have an Integra listed in your signature, and if you are driving here, I recommend you leave that at home.

Honda/Acura's are stolen out here all the frickin' time, especially from street, parking lot, and parking garage parking. Even worse than CA from what I've heard.

ummmiono

Yeah I've heard plenty about the car theft issue over there. Were renting a car especially cuz the integra just got rod knock.