Just got a new shop

86turboswap

Just got back from signing the lease. It's about 1 mile from my house it's big and I have a in house painter, he does top notch work all PPG painting. We're splitting the rent.

So I'm doing a big sale....

$45 an hr labor from now until the March 1st, 2010

I need to purchase equipment, get signage, reprint business cards, checks, etc...

Every car gets a economy detail package free. Minimum $100 purchase required for free detail...

Pickup and delivery available anywhere in the PHX or Tucson area for $30. Also I'm gonna offer tow service for my customers.

This place is pretty nice 4000 sq ft.

86turboswap

klue":26fywtix said:
PICS OR DEATH!
Got the exact same response on MR2OC lol

I will have pics up soon.

My 4Runner got broken into and my digital camera was in it so I got a friend of mine to take pictures last night.
I was at the shop until 1am pulling, and disassembling a 3S-GTE from a MR2. My customer tried to change his own spark plugs and stripped the holes and then he heli-coiled it and sunk the heli-coil too deep and the piston hit the plug and tore it all out of the head. The head now needs to be resurfaced, the spark plug hole repaired, #3 piston needs to be replaced and the valves are bent. The Ceramic that broke off the plug destroyed the CT20B on the way out the exhaust and there was a handful of metal shavings in the combustion chamber, turbo, downpipe, and b-pipe..

Moral of the story if you have a stripped hole, take it to a professional. I would have pulled the head and repaired it on the benchtop.

He just bought a whole motor I had sitting here and I swapped it out so he could be back on the road right away.

cmonteiro1

Post the Address. We have spoken before on here, but I'm out in ahwatukee. Actually, just started getting a bit of white smoke and could use a diagnosis.