Anyone who welds aluminum?

Huaraches

im in need of a fix for my mr2's tranny. its currently sitting it doesnt move because i need to patch up a hole on the tranny. it had a patch and i removed it cuz i wanted to fix it right because it was leaking. i had changed the axel seal and drain plugs but those werent the issue. i bought the car and never knew about the patch untill i started to notice a leak. so if anyone near me can help me out here been trying to get someone who can come and weld thishttp://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac254/huaraches2010/AW11 1987/IMAG1067_zps8d433011.jpg

yota 3.0

I'd do it if I was closer.

Just a tip, you will have to clean that up a lot more or else it will just leak again. Aluminum is sooooooo picky. Get it as clean as you possibly can if you want a good weld.. I'm sure whoever welds it will say the same. If he doesn't say the same then don't let him weld it lol

Thats a big hole, it will need a patch....for simple sake I would flatten the area as much as possible & cut a piece of plate aluminum larger than the hole, shape it to the surrounding area drill & tap some 6m holes & bolt it with some fipg....it will look like an access plate...no welding needed. But if you want it welded the same steps will be needed, less the drilling

Good liuck

88gt4DE

Yeah , I agree with 101 ... Bigger question is how the hell a hole that big got in the trans case .... :shrug:

klue

ive done it before braking axles on halftracs and one coming loose on an mr2. I wouldnt weld it. its to dirty to get a nice bead on it.

Ive done ok with a patch plate and silicone, good stuff like FPIG or permetex right stuff. Just sand it down so its clean and has something to bite to.