Time for a meet / Feb 21st / Morgantown PA Sonic

88gt4DE

I think its time for a winter time , freeze our asses off meet ... Lets throw some ideas out and talk about it :smokes:

DATE : 2/21/10
Elverson, PA 19520-9076
TIME : 12 Noon

88gt4de - yes
97jza80 - yes
esracing - yes
Legancyofdan - yes
Wicked Toys - yes

LegacyofDan

what are people interested in doing?

i would be down if i have car by the time we meet up...otherwise i may need too mooch a ride from a local friend....i'm having horrid luck with my cars.

LegacyofDan

haha thanks rob :)

and willie be glad that you dont have a mystery drive train knock...replaced front cv axles, and driver side one twice, new wheel bearings. brake discs are not warped. the motor mounts are tight. and its coming from the front. put it up on jack stands and tried and pulled the front wheels and still no luck. i'm guessing something is fubar'ed in tranny.

oh and the red car pissed out 95% of all its oil on the turnpike, luckily i'm a veteran alltrac owner and had a spare 5 quart jug of oil...that got me to the exit...about 2 miles away.

the nissan has been permanently adopted by father. ugh. the honda is fathers failure dd project. and the other white trac is a worse joke of them all. the jeep keeps going throwing brake lines damn east coast rust! the ford has a cracked head. and the triumphs...i never got to see those things run once. and the other jeeps...they are lawn ornaments lol.

i'm frustrated at cars.

LegacyofDan

i will down for sonic as well.

and no...i have not. just sux, since i got royal purple in there and that stuff isn't cheap :( ....it could very well be such...i hope not though. and whats even more weird is that this knock came out of the blue, i downed the car cause of electrical issues, and blown struts, fixed that and boom i get this knock. and have been trying to fix it forever. then my fuel pump died. ugh.

mike325ci

Is South Jersey or Philly too far for most?

Well, I am thinking about doing one or both of these autocross events with my ST185 (now that my car is finally together and itching to test drive it properly!)

January 31
Philly SCCA - Wachovia Center [Philadelphia, PA]
http://www.phillyscca.com/schedule/prog ... e.htm#solo

February 6
NJMP - Saturday Winter AutoX @ NJMP [Millville, NJ]
http://www.sjr-scca.org/forums/ipb/inde ... wtopic=785

We can run our cars (if up to the task) or just hang out in the lot as most autocross events allow spectators. The NJMP event has a buffet dinner option after the event, so that's also good for non-drivers to come and grab some food and chat, etc...

Just an idea and a heads up that I might be down in that area...

88gt4DE

South jersey and Philly are real close for me , but kinda depends how everybody esle feels about it ...

LegacyofDan

i cant say for certain but i'm certainly interested in that philly event...i should be able to make that one. that gives me 10 days...i should be able to do that... i'm going to kick the white car out into the cold and try and fix my leak for the millionth time. i should have it fixed in time. should. and i think that is with in AAA towing distance :p

i wont be autoX'ing the trac but i will show up in it...expect a cold of blue smoke behind me though :p :bangshead:

mike325ci

dan!!!! come out to philly~~~ i'm definitely bringing my celica to that one!! doing the 3-hour trek down there :)

and i'm considering bringing my lotus to the jersey one in feb... still not sure about feb-- have a friend in town that weekend...

88gt4DE

Alright guys ... Lets talk a date and freeze at sonic ... sound good ? To lessen confusion a previous spot can be picked to meet up ...

88gt4DE

Yeah , has to be a weekend ... we all seem to have full time mon thru fri jobs these days .... sat or sun good for me ... where was the sonic you guys met at back in 08 ? morgantown or something like that ....