moving to mass.

RafaCalde

hey guys, i'm gonna be moving to boston within a month and a half. i need to know if i need to do anything to make sure my car passes inspection. right now i have a Berk Tech dp and straight 3 inch, no cats since i've been in florida for 5 years. anyone think i could pass inspection? everything is stock, sorta. it's an rc motor and ecu but it's all stock. everything. also what else is looked at during the inspection. any and all help please, i don't and won't have another car for a while.

alltracst185

Well since it's a 1990 you will not get smog tested(OBD2 only, 95 and up), cats and muffler are only visual. It just needs to pass safety pretty much! :D

RafaCalde

ok thats good for me then. what does the safety test consist of? i'm just trying to make the transition as smooth as possible.

WarTowels

I'm not from Mass, but I'd like to extend an apology in advance on behalf of all of the idiots your going to meet on the road.

I hope you like dents. :evil:

-Towels

alltracst185

RafaCalde":3mwi1989 said:
ok thats good for me then. what does the safety test consist of? i'm just trying to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Like horn, blinkers, lights, e-brake, tires, tire rod ends, struts, rust holes ect.

RafaCalde

towels, i'm not too worried about it but thanks. i know the drivers there can be assbags. i've driven in boston and new york city so i know what to expect but thanks for the advice.

as for the other things. i'm gonna have to get my horn working again. i'm have to replace the strut tops cause they're not in the best shape. i gotta get some winter tires so i'm gonna wait til then to get my car inspected,. no rust holes, and tie rod ends are in really good shape. alright. thanks uys. anyone else have something to add?

RafaCalde

ill be in touch with you guys when i get up there. i have a lot of things to take care of to make this happen. i might need delay it a little bit. my company doesn't have the openings i'm looking for and i'm obviously not gonna move without a job. i'm excited though. i'm coming back to my first home.

GMan

I hope you can make it up. '97 and newer has to pass OBDII, other than that no emission inspection.
Just have to pass safety.

So you are Home free in that regard.

Not much car action up here though. :shrug:

Regards;
---------

WarTowels

Weekends are best for me, or Fridays. Of course, I won't be in an Alltrac :pissed:

But it would be nice to finally meet up with people.

I really available any time, so what is good for others? Lets throw some dates and locations out.

I'd happily travel an hour or two. So in the Boston area, or beyond is cool with me.

-Greg