moving to mass.

I am going to be in town the weekend of June 2. If you are having a meet around then I
would look forward to seeing the local tracs. I wont be driving the trac (or any car for that matter I am flying in). Planning to be in the Somersville area.

WarTowels

I'd probably be down to meet up with you guys, June 2nd is a Saturday.

I might be in a MR2 turbo or a S2000, but certainly no All-trac.

-Towels

RafaCalde

Absolutely guys. Won't be driving my trac either. But I am definitely down for meeting up. Get a nice group together and find something to do in the Boston area. Maybe Epping Raceway? Been a while since I've seen some good track drag racing.

alltracst185

i find it funny that we all have All-tracs but no one will be driving them to meet up :( I'm down to meet up any time, I will also not be in the trac (depending on when we meet up :wink: ) She should be done but not tuned till mid summer, I'll be in my DD TSX. Lets deff get a meet going :D

alltracst185

RafaCalde":3ryp9diw said:
I ask myself if there will ever be a day that we could have a meet with the alltracs.
Whats going on with your Whit beast of the northeast? Mine will be done sometime this Spring, Dyno ready in a minth or so :D

RafaCalde

alltracst185":390fpitc said:
RafaCalde":390fpitc said:
I ask myself if there will ever be a day that we could have a meet with the alltracs.
Whats going on with your Whit beast of the northeast? Mine will be done sometime this Spring, Dyno ready in a minth or so :D

It's short list, mainly things that won't let it pass inspection(damn Massachusetts laws). Windshield needs to be replaced, brakes need to be redone, and I need a brand new suspension. These roads in Boston would any kind of stock suspension and I don't want to rebuild it. I'm gonna start saving up for a coilover kit. Other than that, she runs pretty well, just a few bugs in the system. Does anybody have a complete list of what the inspection looks for?

What kind of numbers are you looking at when all said and done? I'd like to watch the Dyno session.

alltracman78

We used to have meets a couple times a year. We did the CSP meet every spring and fall, and we'd meet up when I came up from NC sometimes.
People stopped showing up. :shrug:

Rafa, more things will pass inspection than you'd think. You'll have to fix the windshield [most insurance will fix it for free], but as long as your lights tires [they usually check tire wear for evidence of worn suspension] wipers and horn are good you're USUALLY ok. Oh, and no warning lights on.
And if you do fail you have 30 days to get whatever they fail you on to pass.

Depending what happens I may show up [I'm supposed to work that day].

RafaCalde

Well, my horn doesn't work and my suspension needs replacing. The warning light I have is the check engine light because of the RC/CS intercooler water level sensor isn't pinned as I do not have the intercooler installed s there anyway to bypass it?. And my ABS light is on cause one of the sensors is broken at the hub. I think my oil pressure sender went to crap too cause I've left car idling for an hour and I've lost no oil whatsoever since the last change last June. I'm in no rush to fix any of this stuff so I'm just taking it real slow.

alltracman78

It's hard to fail for suspension. Not impossible, but hard [aside from worn ball joints/bushings].
Horn should be relatively easy to fix, it's a simple circuit with everything easily accesible. The hardest thing is getting at the button under the airbag.
The level sensor is easy to bypass, you just need a pin from an ECU connector with about 4" of wire; attach a spade or ring terminal to it and ground it to the ECU mounting stud. I don't remember which pin it goes in right now [I'm running an ST205 ECU] but it is much easier than pulling apart the dash. And this way your MIL still works if there's another problem.
ABS will be a pain. The sensors are almost never easy. And an ABS light will probably fail you.
Your oil pressure sender doesn't matter [as far as inspection]. And is easy to fix. :)

RafaCalde

Ok, doesn't sound too too bad. Balljoints could be replaced, was planning on doing that anyway. The bushing up front are less than two years old and they're the Superpro poly. The rears I'll have to examine. The problem with the horn is that I had to remove the relay cause one day out of frustration I hit the steering wheel and the horn went off and didn't stop.

dustinbart

Hey where are you in mass? I know a few shops ive passed both my alltracs at no prob. Also im down for a meet and I Will be bringing one of my alltracs if it goes down. Im in boston quite often because my gf lives in brookline, ley me know i'll certainly be down tp meet some fellow alltrac family. Oh if you ever see a blue alltrac st165 around wave because im sure its me. Oh id only be able to meet on a saturday night or sunday.

RafaCalde

Wow, impressive. I'd like to hit 400-450 AWHP when I'm done with mine. I live in Jamaica Plain, 10 mins from Brookline by car and 15 mins outside Downtown by subway.

And I agree on the turnout. So when do we want to do this? Me personally, I'd like for the warm weather to make a permanent stay first. I'd say maybe around the end of May? What does everyone else think?

dustinbart

I'd also like to wait for some warmer weather. I'll be getting new tires in the next cpl weeks so i should be good to go. Im also building my other st165 for a cool 400 awhp so i can still have some fun on.the road withoit breaking something and being down every other day. So id really like to hear what you guys are doing in hopes of getting those numbers. We should choose a date in advance so everyone can fit it into their schedule. But someone else has to drive their alltrac too i cant be.the only one.