Anyone have a working stock head unit...

lumbercis

...for a 92 with system 10 that they can let go for a reasonable price?

Have a long road trip planned and would like to have some tunes on the way.

Leaving in a week and half, so let me know soon if you have one you can part with..

Thanks!

J.

Awesome-Trac

nope...if you have the same OEM wire harness for the stereo most oem toyota radios are compatible with eachother depending on the year your getteing it from.
drove for 2 months using a battery operated radio until i found out i can use the corolla radio that was just sitting at work :bangshead:

88gt4DE

Some scion ones work too , I have 3 new ones out of new scions that had radio upgrades .... one is a t1807 , other two are t1808's one with a missing knob and one with both knobs but on has a little scuff on it .... all work perfect :) If you ebay those codes it will show you what they look like 8) However they are double din radios so you would lose a pocket under radio if you have one ...

88gt4DE

Does the System 10 have some wierd plug ? If so I've nver seen it ... I have a really old toyota head unit out of god knows what and it only has 1 plug and 15 pins ... anything like that ?

88gt4DE

CMS-GT4":3a3ums2w said:
What kind of features does the scion radios have? MP3 input?

No aux jack if thats what ya mean , toyota puts those in the console and in other places ... these is a available ipod cable that plugs into the back of it ... I dont have any of those though.

CMS-GT4

88gt4DE":24c1uda1 said:
CMS-GT4":24c1uda1 said:
What kind of features does the scion radios have? MP3 input?

No aux jack if thats what ya mean , toyota puts those in the console and in other places ... these is a available ipod cable that plugs into the back of it ... I dont have any of those though.

That is perfect. I just want an iPod hookup. I may ditch my alpine cassette player if these fit well in the Ken dash and can run thru the whole system 10.

lumbercis

I'm virtually certain the Scion radios don't work unless there are specific ones with a 15-pin plug or else you make a patch harness...

The stock system-10 uses a 15-pin plug which is a bit unusual except in early-late 90's toyotas. The "standard" plug is the 10-pin/6-pin... at least that's what I've been able to gather from my research.

J.

CMS-GT4

Well if anyone gets one working in a 185 please let us know, cause this would be my optimal setup. I do not like to give anyone a reason to break into my cars, so I keep my audio low key.

The Scion radios have internal amplifiers. The system 10 wiring setup basically has a seperate harness that runs from the amp with one connector that plugs into fusebox in passenger side kick panel (probably for the subwoofer in the door) and then a harness that runs to the radio. This end has 2 connectors, one is the 15 pin that goes into system 10 radio and one is a connector that plugs into the connector that would plug into non-system 10 radios. Remove this connector to the system 10 harness and you probably could plug it into an amplified scion radio just like you would plug it into a stock (non system 10) celica radio from the day. In either case you will loose the door speakers.

CMS-GT4

I have heard we loose speakers when switching to any other head unit. Is there a way to get them back?>

Balagast

Are you still looking for a System 10 Deck? I know I have one somewhere :twisted: I'll try to look though my huge box of misc stuff that I got from the previous owner of my car.

Its all yours if you need it still and I can find the thing. I have no real need for the thing being as my car audio has been completely redone.