Finally bought an alltrac! Long time waiting.

Bori

After many many years of waiting, I finally got around to buying my alltrac. It's a project car but only 35k miles on the dash it was worth it. I actually pick it up in a week since the car is in New Jersey and I'm in Orlando, Fl.
Any locals??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220916-081119_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220916-081119_Facebook.jpg
    966.2 KB · Views: 926
  • Screenshot_20220916-081124_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220916-081124_Facebook.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 926
  • Screenshot_20220916-081135_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220916-081135_Facebook.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 926

Tippo

Nice! I actually saw this on marketplace. Glad a community member scooped it up. Definitely worth it for $3500. I have the carfax if you want it.

Roreri

Sheeeit. Even if you have to throw the high end of my war chest estimate of $5K to $10K at it, that would be worth it.

Nice score, but I predict a fulsome and awesome My Project thread!

Bori

Roreri":64g6u202 said:
Sheeeit. Even if you have to throw the high end of my war chest estimate of $5K to $10K at it, that would be worth it.

That's the plan. :D once I'm settled and thoroughly go over what's actually needed, I would like to start a new thread and see where the journey takes me. I'm really debating whether I should throw in a 205 engine or just rebuild the stock engine. We shall see.

Bori

93celicaconv":1udkxge5 said:
Why would someone ever junk a car like that with 35,000 miles on it? What was that prior owner thinking??????

Ok so apparently the car was in a barn for many years. Don't know what happened to the original owner but a new property owner took over and called the junkyard to get it out. (Guess they didn't know what they had) Junkyard turned around and sold it. I just got lucky and reached out at the right time and got it before another enthusiast got to it. I did a VIN check and it all squared up. It's a blessing :D

Roreri

Well, absolutely a snatch at the slot machine handle.

The previous owner put in an FMIC. Like many do. You got anything from moves under its own power just needs fluids switched out new battery and new tires to blown engine. I look forward to an interesting My Project thread!

simple

Bori":27rzw1ye said:
Roreri":27rzw1ye said:

That's the plan. :D once I'm settled and thoroughly go over what's actually needed, I would like to start a new thread and see where the journey takes me. I'm really debating whether I should throw in a 205 engine or just rebuild the stock engine. We shall see.

Finding a ST205 these days isn't easy at all. Plenty of Gen 4 engines though

Bori

Yeah I'm hoping the engine isn't blown on this one and I can just bring it back to life but if I have to take it out then I'll consider just swapping it. I hear it's a real pain in the tush since I would have to Frankenstein it together but I'm up for a challenge. Hopefully I can find someone from this forum that lives nearby and is willing to lend a helping hand. :shrug:

Bori":3p5nsqca said:
After many many years of waiting, I finally got around to buying my alltrac. It's a project car but only 35k miles on the dash it was worth it. I actually pick it up in a week since the car is in New Jersey and I'm in Orlando, Fl.
Any locals??

I'm out in Palm Coast, so semi-local. Just picked up a 1990 AllTrac a couple months ago myself. Similar situation where it was stored away for a long time. It's running, but the engine is a little tired. Going to swap it out probably this winter.

Bori

jamiehill72 - not too far. About an hour or so away from me I believe. Maybe we can help each other other out soon. Would be cool to meet some fellow enthusiasts. I used to be on this forum a lot years ago when I had a red St165. I'm originally from New Jersey and went to a lot of meets out there but haven't seen a single alltrac out here since I moved.

Bori":1q8w82oy said:
jamiehill72 - not too far. About an hour or so away from me I believe. Maybe we can help each other other out soon. Would be cool to meet some fellow enthusiasts. I used to be on this forum a lot years ago when I had a red St165. I'm originally from New Jersey and went to a lot of meets out there but haven't seen a single alltrac out here since I moved.

Happy to help out with anything you need. I was also on here alot when I had my first ST185. We moved here from Seattle in 2017 and I had been looking for a new car for a while now that we are all settled.

Bori

Seattle. Wow. Weather must have taken some time getting used to. :D I definitely reach out when I'm ready to get started on this.

88gt4DE

Bori":3gf9dc8a said:
Any locals??

Hey there. We were talking on Facebook. I have the Black one just like yours and a white one.

Bori

88gt4DE":2xh8gww6 said:
Bori":2xh8gww6 said:
Any locals??

Hey there. We were talking on Facebook. I have the Black one just like yours and a white one.

Hi! You're on this forum too. I used to be on here a lot but faded away for a few years after i sold my last st165. Nice to unofficially meet you :D

88gt4DE

Yes ! I have a full build thread on the black one as alot of others on here do. I started one for the new white one but havent updated it yet. After Bear Mountain I’ll be doing more work and a full update on both. Make sure you do one also. Curious what ya find !

Bori

Ok I'm definitely going through that thread. I'm planning on doing one of my own when I get the chance. I should have it in my garage by this Sunday. Hopefully it's not missing too many parts. (Fingers crossed)

Congrats on a great score. I remember seeing that on the marketplace as well. Really wished I had a way to transport, but super glad it went to a deserving home! Best of luck!