Dallas, TX Meet: RESCHEDULED for July 21st

toayoztan

Alright guys, since we all got caught up in everything for the last date, i think it's best if we go ahead with this one.

I talked it over with Keri (DarthRipley), and she and Joe (her husband - JustJoe) are good for that date. I'm not sure if i'll have the ct27 in by that time or not. Depends on the funds in getting it rebuilt in time and getting it back. I'll definitely try to have the alltrac cleaned up though, especially the engine bay.

Let's start getting ideas on who will make it, what to do, etc.

Bryan

darthripley

we'll be there with our 185 (Vadar)

we've had time to do some maintenance & a few little upgrades here & there :D

so who else is coming?

TexasAlltrac, d1alltrac, Highway ... where is everybody???

Hotrodhendrix

I may try to stop in. I have been on this website for 6 years or so and still havnt met anyone. I dont even own an alltrac but im in the market.

Anyone care if i show up in the 3000gt? :smokes:

TexasAlltrac

I am afraid, I will not be there. The GT4's turbo will not be back yet from the shop and I will be in North Dakota anyway for a funeral.

-Todd

darthripley

Hotrodhendrix, i don't care if you come along in the 3000gt, is it a VR4 model by chance?
my aunt has a regular 5spd 3000gt too :p

sorry you can't come texasalltrac, we'll catch you & hopefully your ST165 running some time soon :)

Hotrodhendrix

darthripley said:
Hotrodhendrix, i don't care if you come along in the 3000gt, is it a VR4 model by chance?
my aunt has a regular 5spd 3000gt too :p

Yes its a VR4! (im full of it).... Its a 97 SL
Im runing around 260whp not planning on much more.
Upgrades:
18' chrome stern rims wrapped in toyo proxy 4
Ksport full coilover suspension
Borla exhaust down pipe back
K&N intake
Solid engine mounts
Optima battery
etc etc etc.....
Some chrome stuff under hood (adds 10-15hp)

toayoztan

So...what's going on this weekend?

I will be there of course, no matter if there is a meet or not. I'm there from friday-sunday.

Joe and Keri, you guys still plan to drive the alltrac and meet me up?

Hotrodhendrix, that'd be cool if you came too.

Looks like it may just be us. I'm content with that if no one else can come...i didn't expect many more people to make it anyway, based on past experience with people not having their alltracs up and running in time :twisted:

Bryan

toayoztan

Hotrodhendrix":26zkl9fx said:
Time / Place??

No clue really on that yet. I say around early afternoon (2pm ish or so on Saturday). As for the place, not sure on that one. Keri and Joe are more local to that area and should be able to find a meeting place, unless you have an idea in mind? I'm from out of state, so i'm just going with the flow.

I contacted godzilla and he's out of state now.

I contacted Highway, he didn't bother to reply back to me, so maybe someone else can try to get a hold of him.

Bryan

Hotrodhendrix

Well.... we have 2days... :doh:

We need to pick something so I can plan around that.

Lets see place..... Hooters.... Starbucks.... Thats about all I got...
Area I would say fort worth ish. Dallas traffic sucks.

Time 1 or so. We can hang out look at the cars a bit... Have lunch... shoot the shit and then back to the cars.

Any ideas?

darthripley

we're around North Dallas/Addison area so Ft. Worth is going to be a bit of a drive for us.

around 2pm on Saturday sounds good for us, it'll give us time to wash the car first & get the trim in the hatch back on.

what kind of food does everyone like or does it matter?
that way we can figure out what resteraunt to eat at.

Highway is out of town in Vegas iirc & anyways he was talking about maybe getting rid of his alltrac ... and we never even got to see it :(

i dunno where d1alltrac & g-zone are - they both have 165's.

we've just been incredibly busy around here this week, so i honestly haven't given the meet much thought - as to where & when & all that stuff.

Hotrodhendrix

I maybe the new owner of his car soon. So everyone will get to see it then... Or at least after alot of work. Its in rough shape but has potential. :smokes:

Ok how about we make it fair.... East fort worth west dallas..... Bedfordish area... I live way west fort worth and driving to dallas maybe just to much but i would settle for inbetween.

darthripley

somewhere in between would be great. Bedford, Irving, Grapevine anywhere like that.
i don't know my way around Bedford too well, so if you know a cool place to meet up please speak up :)
we just can't drive too far right now for a couple of reasons.

that would be great if you end up getting Highway's 185, it would be nice to see it stay here in tx. :)

PS - Bryan, do you want to come over to our place and meet 1st so we can get the parts from you & then we can meet up with hotrodhendrix?

Hotrodhendrix

I really dont know much thats out here either... I honestly dont care where we eat or meet as long as its midcities. Cheaders is out there right?? :shrug:

darthripley

Bryan & I were talking & we want to meet up more around 4pm-5pm in the afternoon when the sun is starting to go down & its not quite as hot.

Joe & I and Bryan & his g/f we are all in the North Dallas/Addison/Carrollton area of town so if you want to meet some place in Irving that would be work out a lot better.

if that's too far for you to drive, i understand - we have to run 93 octane & there are a couple other reasons we just can't drive too terribly far.

darthripley

no prob, we'll definitely catch ya next time & if you get an alltrac in the meantime joe & i can meet up with you somewhere in the middle of DFW :)