Calling all Chicago Owners!

bloodMoney

I will be getting my jdm setup delivered tomorrow: engine and trans at ~40k no harness or ecu. I am scheduled to pull the motor at my house this/next week and install the motor at the benz dealership downtown on the first of Sept. I need to drive this car to michigan by the 3rd and I don't want to be rushed in getting this stuff installed.

To the point: I am looking to see if any Chicago area AT owners would be willing to come out and help me get this car running over the next two weeks....>>insert begging emoticon<<

It could be like a mini-meet almost... :wink:

If its easier for you to AIM me, mine is swimcap7401
Thanks!

~bloodMoney

zak062

i would be willing to come out this weekend. Only thing is i work nights(5pm-12am) so it would have to be kinda early. Throw me an pm with directions, when and where

88st165

ive been super busy this week b/c uic starts on monday and i have been rushing to get this other st165 ready for the road... whats ur plans for this weekend? do you have the old engine out yet?

bloodMoney

I dont have the motor out yet as I've gotten busy with work again... I did take all of next week off to work on the car though. This weekend I'll be taking a trip up to MI to see my parents and i'll be back sunday night. I've got a bunch of friends coming up on saturday the first to help with the car, but hopefully I'll have the motor in by then... I think that Will01 is going to come up that saturday as well if you want to. Or if you're free after you have school next week :wink: just give me a call.

~Chris

88st165

yeah ill give you a call for sure during the week.... do you have a hoist? bad thing is if you dont i dont have a vehicle big enough to get it to your house...

bloodMoney

I think that I'll be renting a Home Depot truck and a hoist... i wouldn't ask you to bring that all the way up by me!

~bloodMoney

zak062

fyi, i have just about ANY took encluding a hoist, 3 ton floor jack, etc if you need any of that stuff.

bloodMoney

I'm trying to get the motors swapped out and in before saturday... I'm thinking that we could spend saturday chasing all of the vaccum demons down :twisted:

Unless you could find a way to get it to me before hand...:wink:

~bloodMoney

bloodMoney

BUMP! Anyone willing to come down tomorrow and help me out? I know that its short notice and you guys may be planning on coming down on saturday, but I really want to get a jump start on this. I'm having some trouble getting the driver side axle and tie rod out... otherwise, the motor would be out already. The cherry picker I got is only a 2 ton... Is it gonna be enough to get this car up? Sorry guys, I'm just so stressed out about this. I've been going at it alone all week and now I'm maxed out.

~Chris

zak062

i used the 1 ton setting to lower the engine to the ground and then used 2 ton setting and hooked some chains to the bumper support to lift the front end up. Worked like a charm.

i'll give you a call tomarow

88st165

i even used the half ton setting and it worked fine.... what time are you guys going to start and end on sat?

bloodMoney

I'll be out there all day. I have ppl coming at ten, Zak062 will be there by eleven or so, and whenever you can get up here... So I guess the mini-meet will "end" at about 3 or so. Just send me a text or call me to let me know when everyone is on their way...

~Chris

bloodMoney

I will be in tonite and around till monday morning if anyone wants to stop by and give me a hand buttoning the car up. You guys know where to find me!

~Chris