Chicagoland meet

Speedricer

I wouldn't mind dropping by, I've only seen one other trac besides mine and that was on the highway in Fort Wayne about 3 weeks ago. I'm about 2 1/2 hours away.

zak062

Speedricer":3qwn7amt said:
I wouldn't mind dropping by, I've only seen one other trac besides mine and that was on the highway in Fort Wayne about 3 weeks ago. I'm about 2 1/2 hours away.

out of curiousity, what highway where you on?

bloodMoney

zak062":2yqg6uf9 said:
Speedricer":2yqg6uf9 said:

out of curiousity, what highway where you on?

Grand Rapids is off of 131... Although he would have to take I-94 to get to Chicago...

I'm really starting to look forward to this! Its just a shame that Ellie is in such poor shape right now.

~bloodMoney

bloodMoney

If we meet up near O'hare, you would avoid the downtown traffic... It just makes it more difficult for the N-Indiana guys to have to work through it...

~bloodMoney

Will01

Im interested in this, I live in Indianapolis so it would take about 3 hrs to get to Chicago from here.

zak062

Okay looks like this is definatly getting interest. So lets get a list started and a location. I'll add people to the list when they are for sure coming.

So far-
Zak062
Blood money
88st165

Anyone know of a good place to gather near/in chicago?

zak062

One more thing, anyone got an underdrive pulley for a 3sgte or 5sfe that i can pick up for cheap, idk 30$. *looks at 88st165*

88st165

zak062":1gpq5gp6 said:
One more thing, anyone got an underdrive pulley for a 3sgte or 5sfe that i can pick up for cheap, idk 30$. *looks at 88st165*

haha no i dont have any underdrive pulleys or even any regular pulleys.... but if you are looking for anything else dont hesitate to ask.... i dont have much engine parts laying around.... everything else i seem to have, i.e. lowering springs, stock intercoolers, intake mani, heat exchangers, rad fans, exhausts (ssac, aussie), rusty sunroofs, etc haha....

a location for this is going to be difficult to choose in order to be fair to the majority as far as distance goes. plus weather will also be an issue if this is going to happen anytime soon.

another question would be: what does everyone want this meet to be? just a drive up and hang out for alittle and part ways kinda deal? i have no problem with this but you can be out in the cold for only so long. ive been to the mr2 meet and granted it was in nice weather but they had food, drinks, well organized cruise up to the meeting area, etc. on the other hand they have much greater numbers than us so we would have to do things differently.

zak062

Date wise im not sure, sometime during the holiday break because most people will be home from school and stuff.

Location will definatly be difficult but an area within chicago would probobly be best because it is a "chicago land" meet.

I personaly think this should be kindof a get together/show everyone your car/grab a bite to eat/cruise for a lil while meet. IIRC 88st165 has a trac that needs repair and hes in chicago. Maybe he wants some help. Also cant forget bloodmoney, but his trac actually runs.

To 88st165
I cant believe theres no underdrive pulley :cry: . I actually do need a sensor or two from the water spout, if you can spare them. After christmas i might be interested in one of those exhausts :D.

88st165

88Allheeze":2y19ushu said:
im def. out if its comming up soon maybe some time in the spring...

yeah thats what i was thinking... it would prob be more convienent for alot of others to have it later in the spring because they can plan ahead for it and also because its just better weather. it would prob just be more enjoyable for everyone.

zak062: sorry man i dont have any sensors or extra engine parts at all. the parts car came with a good engine and the white car came with nothing so i basically put 2 cars together to make one. no need for help on the white car and the red car runs like a champ! thanks though.

bloodMoney

Wow. all that interest and just poof... gone. lol

I'll be home from school the 20th- 28th if anyone wants to maybe meet up and grab a bite. Maybe just the three of us: zak062, 88st165 and me of course... And we'll just plan a bigger "area" meet for the spring....

If there's no interest, then I'll just ride the train in. I was only going to bring Ellie home if we were gonna do a meet...

~bloodMoney