Texas Gathering Ideas?

WarTowels

darthripley":1ftx3j53 said:
The date is officially going to be Saturday June 13th.

Dang, now I can't go. :lol:

I'll be in DFW this Saturday, through June 7th, if anyone wants to give me a ride in their Alltrac, I won't say no . :D

darthripley

I don't know if anyone's alltrac is running in the DFW area atm --- we are talking about alltrac's here lol

Hendrix - is Satan running?

Towels - you can come by & look at Vadar but he isn't running & won't be prolly right up till the meet w/the way things are going here at home w/Joe's work the way it is now & me doing side jobs.
He's getting closer, but still have a laundry list of junk to do before he can run again.
R2's running & of course so is the Camry :wink:

MixMaster

I hope all you guys make it down on the 13th. I want someone to drive mine.
It's backfiring at 2k rpms every once in a while. I replaced my plugs and have a new rotor but haven't installed it. Other than that, I only have a Supra TT fuel pump. The rail and fpr are both stock. I want someone to compare my car against theirs and see if mine is running right.

Towels if u mk it to Austin while your in TX let me know.

GL

darthripley

^ we'll make it for sure, even if we end up coming in R2 or worst case scenario - the Camry.

Paul - Are you running with any Cat converters?
When it backfires does it happen if you are hard on the throttle then get off abruptly?

Since you have a CT20b & we have an upgraded CT26 your Alltrac should feel very close to ours.

I've read in several places that the stock fuel rail cannot handle an upgraded fuel pump. you either need a better replacement rail or a bored out stock rail.
Not entirely sure if that is the cause of the backfiring - hard to say w/out looking at it.

MixMaster

I have the primary elbow off the turbo with the O2 sensor in it, then from there it's a Greddy 50mm midpipe, then straight 3" exhaust. No cat's unless there is one in that elbow.

It is usually after I've been driving around for a while and if I'm shifting slowly and let the rpms fall to 2k, it will backfire.

I may need to get bigger or bored fuel rail. The guy I got the car from had the Supra 550s in it, and it ran super boggy and would constantly backfire. I put in fresh 440s and it runs 1000000x better with now just the 2k rpm issue. I still have the stock TMIC so I turned the boost down to 10.5 and drive like a granny.

Definitely need you guys to take a look and listen, if you don't mind. My clutch is pretty heavy (ACT 6 puck copper ceramic and HD pressure plate) but I'm sure you guys are used to it. Thanks for the help!!

darthripley

yeah we can definitely take a look, listen & drive - not a problem at all :)
clutch shouldn't be a prob as long as it's sprung.
the 2 worst feeling clutches i've ever felt/driven was a Cadillac CTS-V & a MKI MR2 S/C w/a 6puck unsprung clutch.
believe it or not the Exedy Hyper Single we have in Vadar is really easy & way lighter pedal feel than stock - the pedal springs back nicely.

ok, you are cat-less -- only reason i asked was b/c the car is more prone to backfire without any cats, but usually we only do it in higher rpm's & you have to get off the throttle abruptly after being all over it to get it to backfire.

you found out w/the 550's & no way to control the fuel the ECU flips out & the car runs badly.
i know ATS sells bored out rails (i think Speed Source does too) & it seems over on mr2oc.com there's always someone selling a wolfkatz rail for a decent price.
like i said not sure if that's truly the problem, but from what i have read it certainly couldn't hurt with the upgraded fuel pump.

darthripley

ok, i know where that is now - you're about an hour and a half away from us Towels.
we've been working all weekend & today - so much to do in getting ready for the meet on the 13th.

MixMaster

I posted up the roads I know of in more central and west austin on 6gc,

Do you know where and when you guys plan to meet down here?

I just need something to forward the mr2 guys as far as a solid starting point.

Thanks!

G-Zone

Hey guys. I really want to go to the meet but I have too many projects to finish.
My Celica is still down for that kind of drive, but I just acquired a new HKS 2.2 Stroker kit. I bought a 2nd gen block and will start building it from there. So I'm keeping busy and really excited about it.

Maybe if my bro and I get his MR2 fixed in time we would go, but his job may not allow time off.

I hope everyone's Celica is running right and will keep on running :) .

-Chris G.

darthripley

^ wow!
i'm jealous of the HKS kit - congrats & good luck on building up a beast of a motor :D
maybe once you get it done we could have a local mini meet :)

Hotrodhendrix

Nope the alltrac wont make it sorry guys. I have been spending alot of time finishing up the VR4 and I dont want to rush the alltrac. Shes my favorite. :D

Towles I worked out in crowley a couple times. Its about an hour from me or so. I should have the VR4 up and running mid next week or so. We should meet up!

~EDIT, I still plan on being there but I will probably be in the VR4.

darthripley

Hotrodhendrix":71lzrt5v said:
WarTowels":71lzrt5v said:
Sounds good, I'll let you know when I'm free.

Disgustingly hot here in texas.

LOL its not even hot yet. :p

I was just about to say that too - it's still spring here haha :twisted:

We might have Vadar running by Friday, but today we had to cut the tree out front so we weren't able to get any work done on him.
I suppose we could come out in R2 & meet up w/ya'll - just got an FRP front hood & rear trunk installed a couple days ago :D
Wouldn't mind seeing how R2 holds up against your VR4 James 8)