BOV?

7thGenDragon

Hello guys

I was curious how many of you had the Greddy Type S BOV. Is there any other specific BOV that is best for the alltrac?

Please post what bov you have on your car

Thanks

db

I have a Blitz dual drive (the newer one?) and it works fine. The HKS SSQV and the Greddy type S also work well.

7thGenDragon

the problem with the Type S is that it looks like it needs an aluminum pipe to weld onto, Does an ST165 have an aluminum I/C pipe?

A

Anonymous

nope you gotta have someone dot for you

5f9cbd59.jpg

88Allheeze

I have a turbosx Rfl, heres the pic of mine. I had a DSM 1G flange welded up for me and a plate for the bov to mount to. Sorry about the old pic with the dirty engine bay... Its all cleaned up now.
1318151156.jpg

invol

Meurz":2yl77a4v said:
I have the HKS SSQV. See my website why.. :)
I was going to inquire about this:

from website":2yl77a4v said:
A known problem when using a bov on the ST185 Celica with AFM is that it can cause the engine to stall between shifts.

I guess if the car doesn't stall, then by definition this is a good one to use. 8)

d1alltrac

7thGenDragon":1aofsgi3 said:
Where would be a typical place to pick up a samco T-Hose besides 935motorsports? Would a place like HomeDepot or Ace work?

:lol: definately not home depot...i would just buy one from rob or rocketeer might have them, PM rob (935motorsports) or rocketeer

if you dont wanna do that you could just take the flange to an exhaust shop and have them weld it to a small 2.5" diameter pipe or weld it to the IC.

88Allheeze

the engine doesnt stall, it just runs a bit rich in between shifts because some of the "metered" air is vented out. It feels a bit funny sometimes when ur vented out while shifting but i like it for the sound. When im racing or at the track i vent mine back into the intake b4 the turbo that way all the "metered" air is accounted for.

SuperWhite92

theUNYTEDone":1jdqfczy said:
i know it's an old post, but does anyone's car backfire, sometimes, after shifting?

Yeah. A BOV vented to atmosphere on an AFM setup creates a quick super-rich condition. When combined with the high temperatures of a turbo exhaust under pressure, it creates what is technically an afterfire (fire out the exhaust instead of back through the intake)

theUNYTEDone

i thought it might be something along those lines. i also figured my custom 2 piece downpipe (aka cracked) might be the culprit...but anyway, this backfire thing...it's not bad, is it?

db

theUNYTEDone":6hn5s78m said:
i thought it might be something along those lines. i also figured my custom 2 piece downpipe (aka cracked) might be the culprit...but anyway, this backfire thing...it's not bad, is it?

Not really. It might build up some carbon on the bumper around the muffler but that's about it. Mostly its just an irritating. It backfired with and without a cat for me.

Unfortunately, the average person is going to think that my car is running poorly when they hear it backfiring and spewing a little fuel-enriched smoke combined with my BOV. :shrug:

A

Anonymous

db":1lmbr8at said:
theUNYTEDone":1lmbr8at said:

Not really. It might build up some carbon on the bumper around the muffler but that's about it. Mostly its just an irritating. It backfired with and without a cat for me.

Unfortunately, the average person is going to think that my car is running poorly when they hear it backfiring and spewing a little fuel-enriched smoke combined with my BOV. :shrug:

:lol: right on, well my car has been backfiring since i bought it...not too often though....no carbon deposits, so i think im safe...yay! :D